• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine rumble/vibration on ‘06 SX230

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Two weeks ago, after the boat sat for a 5-6 days, the engines rumbled/vibrated the first time I throttled up from low RPM (no wake mode) to higher RPM. It lasted for a few seconds and then it disappeared and things were fine the rest of the day. Last weekend it didn’t happen but today it did. Lasted for about 5-6 seconds then disappeared and was smooth the rest of the day. Not sure if this is something to be worried about or if this happens due to the boat sitting for a week?

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same thing’s happened to me before. Changed spark plugs and went away. I did inspect the pump etc also.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both engines? Does everything look normal in engine bay? Any water collecting there?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think next time i would throttle up one engine to see if you can recreate the problem,

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m not sure if it was one or both engines but will check them one at a time the next time I have it out. Didn‘t look in the engine compartment after I parked it - will for sure next time.

Thank you for the info. :)

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Had the boat out today:
  • There was a tiny bit of water in the engine compartment - nowhere near enough to trip the bilge pump float switch.
  • I throttled up each engine individually and didn’t get the rumble from either of them. Ran the rest of the day with no problems. I’m going to continue to throttle up individually and see if it comes back. :-/

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have small debris in the pump it can make weird noises that go away when the debris is cleared. Are you sure it wasn't some stick or weed stuck on the pump?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It very well could have been debris that cleared itself - hopefully that’s what it was. :)