• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine(s) just didn't sound or run right this season....

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have only had the boat out once this season and the whole day the sounds and power output were just off.... RPM's on one of the engines seemed lower for same throttle position (relative of course) and something just was not right.

Followed the first step in engine problems for these boats today and replaced all 8 spark plugs. I didn't realize it but they had about 5 seasons on them. Problems solved! Quicker starts, smoother operation, more power output.

Also, I noticed that the old plugs were not nearly tight enough and were starting to show signs of compression leaking past on a few. I don't have a torque wrench so had to wing it for the tightness. Lesson to change them at least every other season now...

I remember discussions in the past about this but just wanted to bring it back to the front page that you should start with the spark plugs!

Eric

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad it was an easy fix for you.