• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Trouble. Single Engine failure, Second Engine Code, Help.

Yatesans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good Day Everyone,
trying hard to be positive.
Halfway through a scalloping adventure and a crazy storm that stuck us out in the gulf, when the storm passed We attempted to start up and head home before the next line rolled upon us.

When I turned the key for the Port Engine all that was returned was a “Click” and all 3 lights on the tach flashed 1 time.

When I turned the key on the Starboard Engine, it returned a normal engine start. So we returned back home the grueling 2 hours at 8MPH, (very proud boat dad) however on the ride home this engines tach started displaying codes 1/9. Flashing in the engine picture.

we made it back to our slip did some initial trouble shooting but no luck.

TLDR: 2008 SX230
Port Engine Fail- Key Turn, “click” 3 lights
Starboard Engine- Normal start, 1/9 code.

What’s wrong with my boat, please help.

Last edited:

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you check motor ground connection and cleanout hatch switch?