• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine wont start outside water

Delpiero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi,
I went to lake mead yesterday and it was all good, when I got home I tried flush the system but the engine wont start.
I am following the steps from the Yamaha AR190 2019 manual YAMAHA LIT-18626-12-21.pdf
80% gas, maintenance was done 2 weeks ago, oil levels are good, battery levels are good, its in neutral, the blower is running.
When I put the key into the middle position the LCD turn on and all looks good but when I try to start nothing happens, not a sound or crank ..nothing.
I know I am missing something but any idea what could it be?

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You didn’t mention it, but did you check the clean out plug access hatch is closed properly?

Delpiero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
yes I took out the cleanout hatch and put it back in all looked good.. also took out the kill switch and placed it back in.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes I took out the cleanout hatch and put it back in all looked good.. also took out the kill switch and placed it back in.
You actually removed the cleanout hatch and kill switch from the boat?

If this is true I would assume either the kill switch didn't get connected properly or is set at the correct height to activate when the hatch is closed,

Do you hear a click when you turn the key ?

here is a trouble shoot from our FAQ,

Delpiero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
i think the water horse might be the issue
>>Have someone stand on hatch and retry
I will try that next!

Delpiero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got it!!.. that was the issue.. I did not put the water horse by this channel so the hatch kill switch was not letting me turn on the engine.
Thanks a lot guy =)

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which models have the hose hookup in the cleanout tray? That seems unnecessary. I have a 2019 and they are on the outside of the hatch.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Which models have the hose hookup in the cleanout tray? That seems unnecessary. I have a 2019 and they are on the outside of the hatch.
It’s only on the new wider redesigned 19’ boats. I agree it’s unnecessary and I preferred the water hookup adapter inside the cockpit like previous models than out back on the newer models as it is easier to access when it’s time to turn the water on/off.