• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engines Stall Under Load

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I experienced a problem this weekend that has me puzzled. This is my 4th season with my 2002 LS 2000 and I have never experienced any engine starting issues (except the normal hard starting when cold which I solved with the Group K air fuel separator).

We took the boat out Saturday it started fine cold ran great we stopped at a local bar that has moorings and went in for an hour or so. When we came out we went to go pick up some friends and both engines started up no problem but would stall as soon as I put the boat in forward. With a few restarts and some gentle prodding they ran and off we went to the pick up we returned to continue our day. When we went to leave again the same starting issues were repeated. When we got back to the lift to clean the boat the engines ran fine on the hose but of course we didn't attempt to put them in forward.

A few points to consider: 1. We have used the boat a few times this season with no prior issues. 2. We have not used it enough to use up the "winterized fuel" yet (maybe some moisture in the fuel which was about 1/2 tank?) 3. The shop that "de-winterizes" the boat runs the fogging oil out and then puts in new plugs. 4. The morning that all of this occurred we had the boat detailed and part of that was the engine compartment (possibly some water where it shouldn't be?)

I am looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would lean towards fuel or carburetor issue but I really don't know, just bumping your post back up to the top of the "new posts" list for other to see.

Love the paint scheme on your boat!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had an issue with my LX210 that it would occasionally stall when I throttled up quickly from neutral for example when pulling up a skier. I started putting a can of seafoam in every tank and it went away.