• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engines will not fire -- U0300 Fault Codes (FIX)

dandwms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I spent 3 hours out on the river trying to figure why my motors wouldn't fire. They would both turn over but not fire. I found the U0300 codes as faults in Medallion but had no clue what it meant then found a post in Chapparal/Vortex section. It works with all ViperII Medallion. This happens when the security connection can't connect to the ECM. These instructions re-pair it.

Followed the instructions and it fired. Amazing! Didn't have to pay for a tow!

Here is the attachment. Compliments of Micah from the Chapparal/Vortex FB page.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I spent 3 hours out on the river trying to figure why my motors wouldn't fire. They would both turn over but not fire. I found the U0300 codes as faults in Medallion but had no clue what it meant then found a post in Chapparal/Vortex section. It works with all ViperII Medallion. This happens when the security connection cants connect to the ECM. These instructions re-pair it.

Followed the instructions and it fired. Amazing! Didn't have to pay for a tow!

Here is the attachment.
These instructions are complements of Micah on the Chaparral FB page. Really a good guy...

Nicholas77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello- I am new to the forum and had my wife and kids out on the water yesterday and the engines would not start after running great all day. I did some research and found this awesome forum. I had both engines show fault codes of : u0300. Looks like a security handshake
Issue with ecu and medallion in stricken t cluster. I’m dropping off at dealer to fix. I printed out Michas instructions to fix as this is above my comfort level. My question is will the dealer simply update the computer system or will I need new parts. I have a 2018 vrx with twin 200 hp rotax engines with only 90 hours.

should I get the plugs changed also when it’s in shop? We love the boat

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello- I am new to the forum and had my wife and kids out on the water yesterday and the engines would not start after running great all day. I did some research and found this awesome forum. I had both engines show fault codes of : u0300. Looks like a security handshake
Issue with ecu and medallion in stricken t cluster. I’m dropping off at dealer to fix. I printed out Michas instructions to fix as this is above my comfort level. My question is will the dealer simply update the computer system or will I need new parts. I have a 2018 vrx with twin 200 hp rotax engines with only 90 hours.

should I get the plugs changed also when it’s in shop? We love the boat
Changing plugs, oil and oil filter is always the best option if you don't know when it was done last. If you have a shop do it make sure they reset the hour counters.
I've had the same error message and and followed Micha's instruction. It worked great! No issues.
Final note: Make sure your batteries are fully charged. Never let them get low. Doing so causes many faults that are maddening. Ask me how I know. :banghead::banghead:

Be safe out there and have fun!

Nicholas77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you so ouch for your help.
Have a great day and thanks again 🦾👍

nick