• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Entitled boaters

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is easy to let it be the worst part when something like that happens. The key is setting your expectations so low it all just becomes acceptable entertainment. I actually enjoy the ramp experience.

I have seen a lot. A favorite was at a very busy ramp where a woman drove their boat on the wrong trailer. As she got very close, the guy in the truck came completely unglued an freaked her out. I hope it wasn’t the first time her hubby talked her into doing the “boat part”. If so, I bet the boat was either for sale in the morning, or he moved out of the house and into the boat.

The worst was when pop-up thunderstorm hit. Everyone seeing it build quickly headed back (like 20 boats at the dock) but no one could take their boats out because idiots were still lined up determined to launch in the storm despite rain dumping and lighting striking all around. Not cool, man....not cool.

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back in my jet ski days, I was pulling a skier. A boat got so close the ski rope got wrapped in his prop. Almost swamped my jet ski. Never been so mad. If I had a cell phone with me I would have called the game warden for sure.

As for this incident, this behavior seems risky on a base. How did he know you weren’t some officer?

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back in my jet ski days, I was pulling a skier. A boat got so close the ski rope got wrapped in his prop. Almost swamped my jet ski. Never been so mad. If I had a cell phone with me I would have called the game warden for sure.

As for this incident, this behavior seems risky on a base. How did he know you weren’t some officer?
I am thinking the two males were USCG Officers and they saw my Senior Chief sticker in my rear window and knew I wasn't just some kid acting like a jerk i was actually standing up for doing the right thing, so I would like to think. Officer or not, common sense should prevail, but we all know it doesn't work that way.
Hope no one got injured on your jet ski, that is insane. Sounds like the Iranian rev guard I had to constanty deal with in the Arabian gulf, they are crazy out there.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A while ago our local PD got a new toy...a zodiac rescue boat. They were at the ramp practing launching and retrieving, It didn’t got very well with all the heckling.

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am thinking the two males were USCG Officers and they saw my Senior Chief sticker in my rear window and knew I wasn't just some kid acting like a jerk i was actually standing up for doing the right thing, so I would like to think. Officer or not, common sense should prevail, but we all know it doesn't work that way.
Hope no one got injured on your jet ski, that is insane. Sounds like the Iranian rev guard I had to constanty deal with in the Arabian gulf, they are crazy out there.
Everyone turned out okay. I even had a skier in the water, my sister in law. It was scary. Damn drunks

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have launched at many different ramps in many different states and one thing I've realized that launch procedures and what is considered good etiquette can be very different from place to place. So if I go to a new ramp for the first time, I'll take a little bit of time before I prepare to launch to watch how the locals handle it (you can tell the competent ones) to make sure I launch and retrieve the accepted way for that particular ramp. There is nothing worse than somebody being an idiot and insisting that "this is the way we do it in (insert home state or ramp)".

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A little humility and patience at the ramp can go a long way to having a much better day.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s the ones that take a picture of your license plate and don’t say anything you have to worry about. Her husband on the boat knew that you were right and was not saying a damn thing because he didn’t wanna listen to her shit. And he did not want to walk down Duval Street drunk when some 19 year old navy guy pulls 14 of his friends over to beat the shit out of him. Thanks for your service to the country and enjoy Key West it is definitely fun. 300,000,000 people means there are at least 3,000,000 assholes in the country nothing you can do about it.

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s the ones that take a picture of your license plate and don’t say anything you have to worry about. Her husband on the boat knew that you were right and was not saying a damn thing because he didn’t wanna listen to her shit. And he did not want to walk down Duval Street drunk when some 19 year old navy guy pulls 14 of his friends over to beat the shit out of him. Thanks for your service to the country and enjoy Key West it is definitely fun. 300,000,000 people means there are at least 3,000,000 assholes in the country nothing you can do about it.
Classic, :) the sad thing was I didn't want to hear her shit either, he married her not me :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup". OH i wish sometimes I was 19, been in the Navy for 19 years.

Last edited:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Years ago when I was a cop I would love to spend time at the boat ramp watching ppl. Just because you can afford a boat doesn’t mean you should have one.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Had a guy last year, launching. I was next in line with a Moomba behind me. Heard yelling and saw the SUV start rolling into the water up to the rear doors. Guy hit the breaks but couldn't move forward, the tires of the trailer were over the ramp lip and were caught. I ran over there to help, he had a look of sheer terror on his face, he just looked at me and said, "what do I do, I'm stuck". I told him, lets see whats going on before we freak out. I was next in line so I had everyone else blocked. Had the wife grab me some goggles and of course, she grabbed my daughters "Doc McStuffins" ones and I had to man up, walk past the lookyloos and get in the water. Yep, stuck. The guy in the Moomba knew he had to help so he jumped in as well. SUV guy said, "well, what are the options" told him I can hook up with my truck, pull like hell and destroy your trailer, or me and "moomba" guy can dive under, pick up the trailer while you hit the gas.
As I finished my sentence, some jag sitting on the sideline said "you city idiots just fuck up everything". I stated, (while still wearing Doc McStuffins goggles) "now is not the time for that bullshit, you wanna help, then help, otherwise shut your F-ing pie hole".
We lifted, and got the trailer unstuck.
The world is already filled with assholes, why add to that.
And to prove that no good deed goes left unpunished, I blew out the right tire on the drive home. My wife said, "hey, at least we didn't roll the truck". Which she was right, at 65 mph that boat was all over the place when it blew. So, maybe my deed saved my families life.

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a guy last year, launching. I was next in line with a Moomba behind me. Heard yelling and saw the SUV start rolling into the water up to the rear doors. Guy hit the breaks but couldn't move forward, the tires of the trailer were over the ramp lip and were caught. I ran over there to help, he had a look of sheer terror on his face, he just looked at me and said, "what do I do, I'm stuck". I told him, lets see whats going on before we freak out. I was next in line so I had everyone else blocked. Had the wife grab me some goggles and of course, she grabbed my daughters "Doc McStuffins" ones and I had to man up, walk past the lookyloos and get in the water. Yep, stuck. The guy in the Moomba knew he had to help so he jumped in as well. SUV guy said, "well, what are the options" told him I can hook up with my truck, pull like hell and destroy your trailer, or me and "moomba" guy can dive under, pick up the trailer while you hit the gas.
As I finished my sentence, some jag sitting on the sideline said "you city idiots just fuck up everything". I stated, (while still wearing Doc McStuffins goggles) "now is not the time for that bullshit, you wanna help, then help, otherwise shut your F-ing pie hole".
We lifted, and got the trailer unstuck.
The world is already filled with assholes, why add to that.
And to prove that no good deed goes left unpunished, I blew out the right tire on the drive home. My wife said, "hey, at least we didn't roll the truck". Which she was right, at 65 mph that boat was all over the place when it blew. So, maybe my deed saved my families life.
Man you are a stand up guy especially with the Doc McStuffins goggles. Thats pretty amazing that you hulks lifted the trailer for the guy to get it unstuck. Great job!!!! I do believe in Karma, and it is amazing that your boat and truck didn't flip at 65 mph. We went out today with no problems other then a damn water spout and a down pour that soaked all of us, but Ill take that over idiots.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
18 ft trailer, underwater, wasn't too difficult to lift with two of us.
I've noticed in my life, especially when I served that the loudmouth usually isn't the person you need to look out for, it's his quiet friend. So barking idiots at the ramp are just that, idiots.
As for the tire, It pulled my Tundra back and forth until I was able to catch up to it, shadow boxing in the cab. Caused $2000 in damage. That's when I realized that just because a tire "looks good" and had tread, if it goes in and out of water and sits in storage for 5 months, you need to get new tires about every 4 years.
IMG_3874.JPG

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to put some context to this discussion.. me and my two girls went to the boat ramp to launch our boat... 15 and 10 year olds. We got the boat in the water... used two ropes to pull the boat out to the end of the dock and tied it up while I went and parked the truck. When I came back I saw a truck with a Tahoe boat backed into the same place my boat was. There is enough room to launch a 2nd boat between where ours was and the ramp. As I walk up I notice the people are just sitting there. Boat trailer at the edge of the water... as I start to walk past the lady asks, is that your boat pointing to my yammie with my girls waiting in it. I said yes it is. She asked , are u pulling out? If so we would be happy to move! We didnt want to launch and be in your way!!

These are truly weird times we live in!!

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PJ73 I am sorry to hear it was $2000 in damage, but we all know it could have been a lot more. Glad all is well!

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think your math is wrong, 10% aren’t assholes, the 90% are!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think your math is wrong, 10% aren’t assholes, the 90% are!
If you see assholes everywhere you look maybe it’s time to look at the common denominator?

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem with confronting the losers is if your leaving your trailer there while on the water you may come back to unexpected mechanical issues with the trailer.