• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Equalizer on 2022 Yamaha 212XD...

lgelock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Hi All,

We just got the boat and I'm not seeing an equalizer for the stereo. Am I missing it or isn't there one?

We just got the boat and I'm not seeing an equalizer for the stereo. Am I missing it or isn't there one?
:Welcome:
The Ennovation systems are newer and they have not added an EQ to the menus yet. A firmware update is in the works to add this feature in the future...no timeline at this point yet.

With our 212xe we have found adjusting the zone levels depending on what you are doing, cruising or floating, yields some good results. For example, when floating we have the sub zone at 100 and the other 2 zones at 60. This produces decent bass and good sound. Hope that helps.

I just got the 2024 255XD, and there is still no way to adjust the treble/base independently of the zone controls. I confirmed this with the dealer. I want to add the Wetsounds WS-420 EQ, but it appears that the Wetsounds amps used by Yamaha lack RCA inputs, and I'm not sure if the master volume (must-have) or zone controls (nice to have) will still work correctly. Also, the WS-420 can only control three zones, and the boat has four. Has anybody ever done anything like this?

I just got the 2024 255XD, and there is still no way to adjust the treble/base independently of the zone controls. I confirmed this with the dealer. I want to add the Wetsounds WS-420 EQ, but it appears that the Wetsounds amps used by Yamaha lack RCA inputs, and I'm not sure if the master volume (must-have) or zone controls (nice to have) will still work correctly. Also, the WS-420 can only control three zones, and the boat has four. Has anybody ever done anything like this?
I'm looking to do the same and add an amp, sub and tower speakers in the next couple of months. Check out this thread:

Yamaha/Wet Sounds DSP Harnesses

I haven't reached out to him yet, but it looks like he builds the harnesses to get some RCA outputs from the Connext/Wet Sounds system to be able to add audio equipment.

I'm looking to do the same and add an amp, sub and tower speakers in the next couple of months. Check out this thread:

Yamaha/Wet Sounds DSP Harnesses

I haven't reached out to him yet, but it looks like he builds the harnesses to get some RCA outputs from the Connext/Wet Sounds system to be able to add audio equipment.
Thanks I just reached out to him.

Thanks I just reached out to him.
Thank you all for the great info on this thread. After reading this and a few other threads, I've changed my plans to use a Wet Sounds WS-420 to try and improve the sound quality. Instead, I'm going to be replacing the existing amplifiers with more powerful apps that I can tune, add a second subwoofer and potentially new speakers. To do this, I was going to have to create RCA dongles from the Connext, but then I found that @brandonloos_21 makes these harnesses, and he was super helpful in guiding me down this path.

You can get the dongles by creating an out to Brandon. See this thread: Yamaha/Wet Sounds DSP Harnesses. I sent him a text with questions at 724-884-6120, and he responded soon after with a wealth of useful information.

So, I plan to replace the stock amps with two Wet Sounds SYN-DX6 using the harness from Brandon at InTune Customs. I'll also add a second subwoofer (Wet Sounds Revo 10). Once that is done, I'll decide if I also need to replace the stock speakers, as the stock Wet Sounds Recon speakers may not perform well. If that is the case, I'll probably go with the Wet Sounds Revo speakers. Brandon also highly recommends I replace the Wet Sounds soundbar with another set of Wet Sounds Icon 8s. I sure hope this improves the sound quality.

While I love my new 2024 255XD, I'm very disappointed with the quality of the stock sound system, and a bit upset I have to spend this money and time to "fix" it. Yamaha should do better.

Back