• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Event: Lake Powell, AZ/UT - 2015

What time of the year would work best for you?

• 5/22 - 5/25 (memorial day)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • June (non specific days)

• July (non specific days)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 7/24 - 7/27

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • August (non specific days)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • September (non specific days)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 9/26 - 9/29

• Total voters

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is awesome! You guys are getting some great use out of that new ride! We are trying to rent a house out in AZ somewhere on the water but not sure if I want to rent a slip or just keep the boat on the trailer at night. Hope you guys are having a great 4th! @txav8r

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I/We voted for September. Family and I have had this on our to do list for quite a while. I liked the way you listed things to do. Keep us all posted as things become clearer.

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not heard or read anything else about this so would it be safe to say this is a dead issue?

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm at Powell right now. Went up to anasazi canyon yesterday.

Did some wakeboarding, going to try my hand at air chairing.

Weather has been strange, Friday it rained all day (un heard of this time of year) and yesterday it barely got over 90. Beautiful!

This place never gets old!

Cheers,
Toby

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not heard or read anything else about this so would it be safe to say this is a dead issue?
I don't know that it's a "dead issue" but there is absolutely interest from the forum on having a gathering in September. As life tends to do, it is getting the better of me right now and I haven't had much of any time to do any sort of planning what so ever (we are trying to close on another house, and get a lot of things taken care of work-wise) right now. So that makes plan finalizing very difficult for me.

If someone will be going still and wants to take the wheel of the event, I think there's still a good number of people who want to join.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We will be there in September. Anyone else that is going to be there, PM me and we will look for you. If several of you put together an agenda for a gathering, we would love to say hi and meet everyone. We are going to be doing other stuff the time we are there, such as Zion, Bryce Canyon, north rim, Dam tour, horseshoe, and more. We will be in the Wahweap Marina RV Park and Campground. Stop by and say "howdy"!

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading up to Powell tomorrow. Will be there through Monday. Not sure where yet.

Hopefully the weather doesn't turn.

Cheers,
Jonah

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the weather turned and we packed up early. It was a spectacular lighting show on our way home Sunday night. I wish I had a go pro on the dash to capture it.

Ran into a striper boil in Navajo canyon. Caught two striped bass in less than a minute. Kids thought that was cool.

Hopefully we get one more trip in this season!

Cheers,
Toby

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about the bad weather. Our outing this year was half plagued by rain (which made beautiful waterfalls... but shitty boating conditions, and great bilging conditions).

It's been SUPER windy up north. I have white caps on my local lake that is sheltered by mountains on all sides... makes for great walleye fishing, but again... shitty boating conditions.

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah this year has been a wet one at Powell. We have had three significant rain events (all day) this year, two of them forced us to pack up early. I can't recall that many in the last decade of going to Powell. The waterfalls in Navajo canyon were cool but the rain and temp was too chilly to really enjoy them.

We're still going to try and get one more trip in this year but since we are under contract to buy a house I don't know if it will happen. We were hoping to get an adult only trip in this year.

Is there a get together at Powell this month?

Cheers,
Toby

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had planned on getting people together down there but with work and closing on a new home it has gotten in my planning ways. There are some people down at Powell in September, I think @txav8r is closest to the timeframes that might happen (at least for himself). I usually make 3-5 trips a year and usually one of them is next week but I won't be able to due my schedule.