• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

excessive water in boat, solved

mtnv900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Towards the end of last year I had been pumping what I deemed a large amount of water from the bilge while underway. I have never had much water in the bilge area since I have owned the boat so this had me concerned. I checked all the usually trouble spots that people from here have talked about and nothing was solving the problem. Decided to change the cleanout plug seal with the repair kit and not a drop of water is being pumped out the bilge. The boats only 5 years old and to me the plugs and seals looked perfectly good, so I thought no way was that my issue. The new seals seemed to be made from a different material. Feels a little more neoprene like versus rubber. Just glad that problem is solved

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lubegard 75200 Zer0 Pool and Spa Lubricant

https://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-75200-Zer0-Pool-Lubricant/dp/B00KCCT17O/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531188717&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=Zer0+Pool+and+Spa+Lubricant+-+8+oz.&psc=1

I have used this to maintain clean out plug seals and drain plug o rings for the past 2 years. Got the idea to use pool gasket lube from this forum of course. This particular one seems to somehow repel sand and dirt through some mysterious means. However it works, wizards, gnomes, leprechuns, or organic chemistry, seals and o rings are looking clean and well lubricated using it at the moment.

Looking to avoid an imaginary Space Shuttle Challenger style boat disaster in the Mind Maze.

mtnv900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the product suggestion, its in my amazon cart now.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Huh - I've been using LubeTube pool O-ring lubricant on drain plug and clean out plug seals and like the results but the claim of 75200 Zer0 to repel dirt and grim is interesting to me. Seems like black magic for a lubricant to be able to repel dirt but I'm intrigued. May have to give this stuff a try and compare.