• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exciter 270 engines

JimC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
I may have 2 1999 Yamaha Exciter 270 engines to sell. My boat caught fire and I think the insurance company is going to total it out. My question is, what are the engines worth if I part them out?

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
SBT gets 1295.00 for there's. You should be able to get 6 to 8 hundred each I would think.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depends on what you mean by the engine and whether that includes parting out carbs, cdi boxes, starter, etc. If it is the base engine, @DCB-270 is probably right since that is how I would look at it. Yours don't come with the SBT 2 year warranty either so I would probably want the 2 engines for $1K or less personally. I would also need to understand more about how it caught fire