• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exhaust gasket holes mismatch

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was just reviewing some pics of the starter replacement and noticed that the gasket had less holes than the holes coming out of the engine. I verified the gasket is correct and matches the image on the parts diagram and part number matches.
Engine gas multiple long holes around the exhaust outs for the cooling water. Gasket only has a single hole on each section.

2040A211-3D8D-4D30-9AD5-9620F59F5EC5.jpeg
D41F67E7-F8DD-4B0D-904A-0347D28B0A08.jpeg
Does that seem odd?

The end ports doesn't look like the bolt holes are correct

The end ports doesn't look like the bolt holes are correct
The bolt holes are fine it installed fine. It’s the cooling holes that I’m questioning…

Did the old gasket match the cooling passages?
I have seen some exhaust gaskets that were similar on other applications where the cooling passages were partially blocked like what you are showing with just small holes

Did the old gasket match the cooling passages?
I have seen some exhaust gaskets that were similar on other applications where the cooling passages were partially blocked like what you are showing with just small holes
Yeah they were the same but they were also replacement I ordered. I don’t remember what the very original ones looked like.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you didn't have any overheating problems before, let her fly

Back