• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exhaust temp

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was wondering if any of you have ever had the exhaust temp light and beep come on for a short second . what would cause it to come. We park in a cove and went to take off and it wouldn't take off like it usually does and the exhaust temp light came on I turned it off and waited a few minutes. And it was fine after that just wondering what would cause it. Thanks. Scarab 215 impluseho.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have had issues (now I dont really know if anything is actually wrong or if im paranoid) but I believe my boat is running too hot. One day last week after running at full throttle I got a light and a beeping noise too, but prior to that and after that I've noticed that it runs at 205 and above quite often over 6000rpms. I can hit 217-221 degrees with no problem. I am bringing the boat in to have it checked, they believe something is stuck in the intake but I disagree, I think its more along the lines of a censor problem, I took a temperature gun to the engine and its not as hot as the dashboard reads

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I live couple hours away from the closest dealer let me know what they tell you. Thanks

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have had issues (now I dont really know if anything is actually wrong or if im paranoid) but I believe my boat is running too hot. One day last week after running at full throttle I got a light and a beeping noise too, but prior to that and after that I've noticed that it runs at 205 and above quite often over 6000rpms. I can hit 217-221 degrees with no problem. I am bringing the boat in to have it checked, they believe something is stuck in the intake but I disagree, I think its more along the lines of a censor problem, I took a temperature gun to the engine and its not as hot as the dashboard reads
I have the same problem. The light came on at first for a couple seconds then went off. I've been running hot around 215-225 degrees when I pass 7k on the rpms. I called the dealer he said if you keep your boat in the water that might effect it but I keep mine on a lift. I'm taking it in to get serviced. The dealer first told me 20 hr then when I called he said I should have brought it in at 10 hrs to be serviced. So hopefully that it and I didn't do any damage. I'll post what happens but might be a week before mt boat is back dealer is backed up

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had mine serviced at 10 hours. We have a houseboat on bouy line that is only time mine stays in the water which would be for only a couple days I pull mine back and forth. I wash it out good everytime. Hope it's nothing major... thanks for the info...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Your typical car runs 190-220 degrees.
I would guess that at full throttle you would be at the top of that spectrum especially being supercharged.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If I were concerned and checked that everything was working as should be, I would see if there was anything with the intake I could open up or make into a fresh air I take of sortsm brining down the intake temp can do a lot for a supercharged motor. Do these rotax engines have any sort of intercooler?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Assuming they are the same, the 200's aren't cooled, but the 250's are. (speaking from seadoos 215 and 255's) (hp, not boat size)

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is there an EGT gauge built in to the dash computer?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling yes sir. Its a liquid cooled intercooler. The intercooler is very efficient. only 70 degrees difference between a cold engine, and one running at full boost and over 200 degrees.

@veedubtek Both Rotax engines are intercooled. They get their HP by tuning, and boost pressure. Look at the attachment below. The 250hp rotax runs at almost 26psi of boost at full throttle, and 3psi on idle.

@Scarabski not in the dash, but the ECU monitors it. Here is an example I got from my CanDoo system. Remember the EGT is not a true temperature because it is cooled by raw water.

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Speedling yes sir. Its a liquid cooled intercooler. The intercooler is very efficient. only 70 degrees difference between a cold engine, and one running at full boost and over 200 degrees.

@veedubtek Both Rotax engines are intercooled. They get their HP by tuning, and boost pressure. Look at the attachment below. The 250hp rotax runs at almost 26psi of boost at full throttle, and 3psi on idle.

@Scarabski not in the dash, but the ECU monitors it. Here is an example I got from my CanDoo system. Remember the EGT is not a true temperature because it is cooled by raw water.

[/QUO

So what do you think the problem could be mike? I'm only at 17 hrs I have not had it serviced yet the overheat like comes on at about 230 degrees. Do you think it just needs a oil change or something?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check and see if you dont have a blockage, and try and see if your impeller is hitting the wear ring.

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was wondering if any of you have ever had the exhaust temp light and beep come on for a short second . what would cause it to come. We park in a cove and went to take off and it wouldn't take off like it usually does and the exhaust temp light came on I turned it off and waited a few minutes. And it was fine after that just wondering what would cause it. Thanks. Scarab 215 impluseho.
Just dropped her off at MarineMax dealership yesterday. They said the would do the 25 hr maintenance (only had 20 hrs on her) which is basically a oil change. Charged me $ 130.00. I told them about the engine they think it might be the intercool system. I'll let you know what happens and if warranty covers it.

Side note they had the new 255 their 2015's look unreal might have to upgrade.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scarabsteve They wont be able to reset the maintenance schedule on the ECU until the clock runs to "0". Let them know your going to have to bring it back to clear the "Maintenance needed" light at 25 hours.

Yea the 255 is a beast. Love that thing.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My boat is currently in service as well for the engine temperature issue, they took the boat on a drive and agreed something definitely isn't right. I will post once I hear more

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just must had something sucked up in mine. I flushed it out. Took it out over the weekend it never got above 192 and both engine ran the same temp. So hopefully all is well....

Jubin Payandeh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I have a 195 HO impulse. Just past 8 hours on it.

I was for a ride the other day, full throttle for about 10 mins then some low speed cruising, then full throtle again. Everything was fine until I was docking and the temperature light came on with a beep. I parked it but had a nagging feeling something was amis.

Today, I took it out again. Fine for the first 5 or so minutes running full. Then, the light again. I could only go 3000 rpm & 6 mph which got me back to the dock but wasn't really fun.

I tried turning it off for a couple minutes, all was fine again but then after a short period of time, the light again and limp mode. This happened a couple of times.

I had a look underneath when it was on the lift. Couldn't see anything stuck in the impeller. Other than that, I have no mechanical inclination.

I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this. Please help!

Thanks,
Jubin.

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 195 HO impulse. Just past 8 hours on it.

I was for a ride the other day, full throttle for about 10 mins then some low speed cruising, then full throtle again. Everything was fine until I was docking and the temperature light came on with a beep. I parked it but had a nagging feeling something was amis.

Today, I took it out again. Fine for the first 5 or so minutes running full. Then, the light again. I could only go 3000 rpm & 6 mph which got me back to the dock but wasn't really fun.

I tried turning it off for a couple minutes, all was fine again but then after a short period of time, the light again and limp mode. This happened a couple of times.

I had a look underneath when it was on the lift. Couldn't see anything stuck in the impeller. Other than that, I have no mechanical inclination.

I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this. Please help!

Thanks,
Jubin.
I took mine to the dealership said everything is working how it's suppose to they think it's the intercool system so they are waiting to hear from Scarab.

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm not sure did you the reverse and forward a few time to see of anything was hung up in the impeller?

Jubin Payandeh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I'm not sure did you the reverse and forward a few time to see of anything was hung up in the impeller?
That is easy enough to try.

I'll tool around a bit on the weekend, stay close to shore and see if it doesn't magically go away.

There is a shop that sells and services SeaDoo near by so if it doesn't clear up I can take it to them.

Unfortunately, we have visitors coming next week and I'm sure they are keen on boating and skiing. Very disappointing...