• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expected Condition of Dipstick and Oil as Engine ages

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Members,

I changed my oil at 10 hours earlier in the summer and everything went smoothly. The other day I checked the oil in an old Honda I have and when I wiped the dipstick some carbon came off but oil was fine. The car has 150k miles so some carbon is expected. Do you expect the same out of our engines as you use them? I expect to always have clean oil but the dipstick gets covered in that super fine black carbon no? What kind of aging do you expect as you near 100, 300, 800 hours?

Hmmm...over 400 hours and still clean. Not sure you will see any change.

Back