• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Extended warranty

D_scarab_ny

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey everyone, I’m looking for some advice. I have a 2014 215 ho that I bought new in 2016. My warranty on my engines expires in a couple of weeks which I have the opportunity to purchase the extended warranty for $1800 for an extra 2 years. Has anyone purchased the extended warranty? Is it worth it? My insurance covers mechanical breakdowns so I will be covered for a lot of other stuff. So far I’ve been lucky that only my O2 sensors go bad. Any opinions would help thanks

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I purchased the YES warranty in 2016. Last year my engine blew due to a design flaw in the timing chain. It is well documented on this forum. Yet no recalls exist for it. It took 8 weeks to get back on water. I did not have to pay a cent. My only issue was that I was under the impression that the YES warranty covered towing. Well yes and no! Yamaha only will cover $50.00 of whatever it cost to get your boat towed. My bill was $380.00 so since then I have tow insurance. Do your due diligence. I hope you never experience that degree of bad luck. Since I am not not mechanically inclined, I would choose the extended warranty.