• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exuma Bahamas trip 2019 less then a week out.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought yall left trying to beat it out. Otherwise, it looked like it wasn't going to clear out until well after 7:00 limiting your daylight. Was it just rain or lightening? Glad you guys made your destination.
It was just rain.

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won’t lie @Ramblin Wreck it was rough my tracker is not a good indicator if you pull up Andy’s you will see he entered the younger of the ocean at 18 mph

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today is going to be a challenge we have 5ft waves coming out of Nassau @Andy S tried to get a head start on us but he had to turn around and come back in it was too rough

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 got a pic of the boat you're on? I'm assuming its not a JB.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Uh oh, he's beached the boat!!!! Jealous of the time out there.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S should be leaving now my crew departs in about an hour.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like yall had to test out the trip 350s on way into Nassau saw yall pulled 72mph.

Have safe trip back

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well this trip has been an adventure. In case any one is curious if you were tracking @Andy S tracker you may have noticed it stopped tracking and has been in the same location just North of Andros for several hours. They took an unfamiliar route away from the rest of the groups track and have become stuck on a sandbar. We found out about 6pm we were preparing to refuel and go back out and assist but we would have not likely arrived till after dark in an unfamiliar area loaded with sandbars and by Andy's request we did not go back out as he is just waiting till high tide to try and push off he expects to get off around midnight tonight. He also requested I not contact the coast guard but I will admit I ignored that request of his and contacted them anyways they reached out the the Bahamanian authorities who have since been in radio contact with Andy to hopefully offer assistance. Just another reminder of how dangerous these trips can turn and how prepared you need to be. Hoping to see his tracker start moving shortly heading towards Chub Cay. PLEASE DO NOT TRY MESSAGING HIM ON HIS INREACH TRACKER WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE THE BATTERY ON IT.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shit.
Is it safe for him to try to navigate during night time and through sandbars ?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shit.
Is it safe for him to try to navigate during night time and through sandbars ?
Probably not but it is what it is at this time. I'm still waiting to see if he gets off the bar as of 10:30 pm he had not and I think they thought they would be able to get off around that time. It looks like the Garmin tracking site is down right now too.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I assume you have his coordinates and probably head his way if no update until daybreak ....

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They were not successful in getting off at high tide tonight they are going to try again in the morning with the USCG's help. While info is spotty I'm assuming from this message he sent me they have already been in contact with him along with the Bahamian authorities. I have not confirmed if they are overnighting on the stuck boat or if someone got them off.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, two suggestions that you might be able to pass on;

1. Use paddles or fins to dig sand under the hull until she floats.

2. Set the anchor in the direction that you want to move the boat. Loop rode through a pulley or stern tie down then pull toward the anchor. That will double the force applied assuming the anchor holds.

I expect that Andy and Cindy are physically safe despite the boat situation but if they need air support let me know and I will check with my contacts in the area.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They just got fuel in Chub and are Bimini bound now

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, god, thank you. I was having nightmares.

Anyone who has ever been stuck on a sandbar knows... there are few things more miserable, actually. Been there three or four times somewhere in no man land salt marshes of Merrimac River, Plum Island, MA, it is always... "avoidable" but that is what we do... and we used to do that with no GPS, it was crazy stupid when I think of it. And yes, I'm dying to do this again... go figure.

Thank god they got out. Thanks for keeping us posted, @robert843.

--