• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

EYES Watering

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is my first year with a boat, besides the big ones I was on in the Navy. (Retired Now)[flag]
The wife decided to surprise me with a jet boat for fathers day. Got to love her.:happy:
We addressed the steering issues, Cobras. ( Thanks Jeff ):thumbsup:
Not whining....Butt...:mooning:
Issue we both have, Sitting on the bolsters, driving down the lake, keeping an eye out for debris in the water is the wind over the windshield making our eyes water, (even with sunglasses on). :cool:
Is there anything made to clip on top of the windshield to push the wind a little higher, out of our eyes,
or are my Oakley's not doing their job? :watching:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw those, butt the only mount to a pole. :pompus:

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Better sunglasses. I stand up 90% of the time and have constant "face wind". Wrap style sunglasses seem to do better in general. Bicycle sunglasses usually work really well and you can often get them with swappable lenses for dusk/night. Something like these: http://amzn.to/1J2oT11

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with smthng, I also ride motorcycles so I like the wrap around kind of sunglasses to keep the wind out. You can find inexpensive glasses for $5 to $10 just in case you lose them! :)

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get some goggles like you see on the ski slopes.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could slow down!!!!!:eek:

Just kidding:p

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is my first year with a boat, besides the big ones I was on in the Navy. (Retired Now)[flag]
The wife decided to surprise me with a jet boat for fathers day. Got to love her.:happy:
We addressed the steering issues, Cobras. ( Thanks Jeff ):thumbsup:
Not whining....Butt...:mooning:
Issue we both have, Sitting on the bolsters, driving down the lake, keeping an eye out for debris in the water is the wind over the windshield making our eyes water, (even with sunglasses on). :cool:
Is there anything made to clip on top of the windshield to push the wind a little higher, out of our eyes,
or are my Oakley's not doing their job? :watching:
In my experience as an alpine skier I noticed that when wearing sunglasses (as opposed to ski goggles) some glasses were actually worse than nothing at all. They dumped air into my eyes rather than shielding them. After some trial and error I found suitable glasses for my shape of face. My boat is a 2002 LS2000...so NO Windshield and I have a set of Revo sunglasses that seem to work great in keeping the air out of my eyes. I am sure this will be a personal fit issue though and may require some trial and error. I'd ask around at a high end sunglasses shop or at the eye doctor's

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I only drive standing at night and I use no glasses. Also, not sure about everyone else on the forum, but for me, I was originally like you, I always piloted the boat sitting on the bolster. After about a year I stopped sitting on the bolster and now I only sit with the bolster down. I actually think I can finesse the throttles better due to a better angle on the throttles when sitting down all the way. I think it become a confidence and comfort thing. It could just be me, like I said, but I pretty much never have the bolster in the up position.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One other thought is some glasses have foam around them with gaps to let some air in. Obviously goggles will stop it all but I think the wrap around and maybe with the foam will stop your problem.

BigN8, I usually stand or sit on the bolster. I do wish there was more room to stand in front of the seat and still steer. When I sit down I feel too low and that I can't see everything. You may be right it is just that I am not used to it. I will explore that more.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One other thought is some glasses have foam around them with gaps to let some air in. Obviously goggles will stop it all but I think the wrap around and maybe with the foam will stop your problem.

BigN8, I usually stand or sit on the bolster. I do wish there was more room to stand in front of the seat and still steer. When I sit down I feel too low and that I can't see everything. You may be right it is just that I am not used to it. I will explore that more.
I failed to mention I'm 6'5", so this may give me an advantage when sitting without the bolster. I did not take that in to consideration.

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I feel better up high on the bolster, especially after we have a big storm in the past couple days. All the creeks that feed the lake wash a lot of sticks and twigs down into the lake. I have already had to stop and clean the jets a few times. Not fun. I guess I will look into wrap-around style sunglasses.

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I failed to mention I'm 6'5", so this may give me an advantage when sitting without the bolster. I did not take that in to consideration.
Well I am 5' 11" so yes 6 more inches would make a difference. I bet you have a harder time standing and driving than I do. There isn't a lot room between the steering wheel (I have it up as high as it will go) and the seat to stand. I have to stand more in the middle and reach over a little to steer. I had thought about moving the seat back but the back bench seat is right there and the seat won't turn any more (would also hit the back seat) and the carpet will be wrong. So I just deal with it and have gotten used to it.

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
These work well for high wind situations like fast boating with your face in the wind or riding a motorcycle. image.jpg