• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ezdrivethruster / Rear thruster install on a Yamaha Jet Boat

Fred Schubert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Has anyone installed the product brand ezdrivethruster / rear thrusters to a Yamaha wake boat yet? I know boat pilot make a specific jet thruster kit, we are just looking at other options out there. We live on a very windy lake and this makes docking for gas and setting a clean delivery into our lift very difficult.
Thanks!!
www.ezdrivethruster.com

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
That seems like a whole lot of extra installation work, when compared to thrust vectors. And with thrust vectors, there’s basically zero failure points. It’s just a bolt on vent that redirects the jet wash. The ezdrive would be more beneficial to a traditional prop driven boat. I don’t have any steering modifications on my boat, but if I did, I would chose the thrust vectors because of the ease of installation, the simplicity of the design, and lot less failure points. Running wires, switches, extra throttle, an electric motor, drilling holes in the hull, etc etc.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Get Cobra Jets and never look back

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Has anyone installed the product brand ezdrivethruster / rear thrusters to a Yamaha wake boat yet? I know boat pilot make a specific jet thruster kit, we are just looking at other options out there. We live on a very windy lake and this makes docking for gas and setting a clean delivery into our lift very difficult.
Thanks!!
www.ezdrivethruster.com
I misspoke. I meant jetboatpilot lateral thrusters. They just bolt on, and provide the side to side stern movement.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks!!
www.ezdrivethruster.com
You don't need that on the stern. Better in the bow, but nowhere to mount. You can achieve a lot if you know how to use a bow spring line with directional thrust from the motor to push off a dock or for catching a cleat on the way in. I would firm up my line handling skills. Sailors have been using these techniques for many years before thrusters were invented. No thrusters on our 35' 31yo 12K# boat.

Edit: Although a bow thruster would be benificial to use on occasion.

Last edited: