• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

F1

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see you have F1 this weekend in Texas, circuit of America. I'd be interested to hear your views on F1 guys.
This year it's had a massive change with the cars, V6, 1600cc twin turbos, "kers" recovery system and various other changes, but boy, what a let down. They sound absolutely awful, not what a real gas head wants to hear, less down force too so not as impressive to watch, it'll be interesting to hear the US fans opinion.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always wanted to see them when they came to Indy, but never got the chance. I always loved the way the engines screamed as the revs went up. I guess they don't sound like that anymore eh?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I always enjoyed f1 and lemans which just isn't popular here.
Turbos could sound pretty cool though!
Never spent the money to go to those places. Our local track is awesome though. Usual nascar racing. But then they throw in bus races, powder puff races, little 4 cylinders cars ran by random people and crashed a lot and demolition derbies. Definitely play to the crashing!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am the biggest F1 fan. @JCampbell is also a huge F1 fan. We like different drivers so trash talk each other often. I watch every race live no matter the time. I saw 2 races at the track in Indy (back in the days) and hope to make it to Austin next year. I am a Ferrari man so I had an awful year. To add injury to insult, we will be inheriting a driver I love to hate and keeping a driver that is past his time. I am still grieving that Alonso will not be a Ferrari man next year.

As for the new cars this year.......They sound awful. I hate the migration that I have seen from large powerful v12's to turbo 6 bangers. My wife still insists that they sound like mosquitoes and interrupts her sleep. I tell her to get some bug spray and get up and watch. :)