• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory Installed wrong drain plug on 2018 AR240

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2018 AR240 and was at the dealer yesterday and mentioned to the service manager that I seem to take on a lot more water than my previous 2010 SX240. He said that Yamaha put the wrong drain plug on my boat, and that they would put the right one in. He said Yamaha recently released a bulletin on it as well. The dealer said they are now replacing them before the boats are being delivered if the wrong plug was installed at the factory. Has anyone else heard of this? I met two guys at the lake this weekend with identical 2018 Limited S and one guy said he took on a decent amount of water and the other guy didn’t. They bought their boats at the same dealer that I purchased mine. When I mentioned that to the dealer he said they caught most of them but might of missed that one. Anyways, time will tell...but thought I’d throw it out there if anyone else was chasing a leaky boat.

Possible to take a pic of the corrected plug?

Or the wrong plugs?

There is no factory service bulletin that I have seen, maybe @Williamsone46 can answer this?

When i received my boat from the dealer it had the bilge drain plug swapped with the drain plug to the fuel tank drain that is in the engine compartment

I’m having some other work done, but when I pick it next week I’ll get the replacement part number that they used & if possible a copy of the service bulletin (if they will give it to me). The dealer said he chased a leak on a new boat recently and replaced all sorts of stuff to end up solving it with this drain plug replacement.

Back