• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory rear deck speakers...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking things over getting ready to install my amps I did not see an extra set of wires for the rear deck speakers. I can see the back of them through the rear seat cushions and they connect to a harness. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2015 boats or do you know if they are just paralleled off of the rear cockpit speakers since they are right there? I am just trying to plan my wire routing and it looks like I will need to run new wires for the two deck speakers. I am planning on connecting them and the rear cockpit speakers to one amp and run it on the rear channel of the HU and then connect the front cockpit speakers along with my new added mid cockpit speakers to the other amp and connect it to the front channel of the HU.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In prior years, they were paralleled off the rear cockpit speakers (I recall from another thread). I am betting it is the same this year...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I had to take my tester to them as when I pulled the rear cockpit speaker the wire was marked series so I tested it and sure enough, they are series so I just cut the wires to the rear deck speaker and connected them together and am running a new run from the amp to the rear deck. No turning back! I have to finish this up in the morning as I am lake bound by noon!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Stereo upgrade is 95% complete. I need to find some 1/4" black loom to run the new speaker wires in and fasten them up and that mod is complete till I add a sub and amp.
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice work!

Insanely jealous of the newer models' starboard fiberglass cutout between the bowrider backrest and the helm compartment.

That grey pistol-looking thing on the ski locker hatch... heat gun?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That hole is not all it is cracked up to be. My elbows are bleeding and itching... I am looking at having a door built for the side access that will retain the use of the wind block etc.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That grey pistol-looking thing on the ski locker hatch... heat gun?
That is a panduit zip tie gun. It has adjustable tension settings and when it pulls to the setting it clips the zip tie slightly below flush so no more gouged arms when reaching through a bunch of cut ties. I've had it for almost 20 years.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ah, OK, thanks.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They are wired in series. If you want the full power of the amp just run a new set of 14 awg wires to each speaker and make sure you label them starboard and port and pos and neg.

Just leave the old wires and if you get rid of the boat pull it all.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I forgot to add that I did figure out that they were in series. You have to disconnect the rear speakers and connect the two wires together so the other speaker works then as @mgabsa said, I ran a new set of wires to the rear speakers and connected them. Had to pick up the correct spade terminals easily found at Autozone and was a done deal.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
through the front seat back cushion. Lift the bottom cushion out, then feel on the wall behind the seat you will find 2 wing nuts, there is a third in the upper side corner to the left when reaching up. It comes off and there is a large access hole there. I took the two I could easily get to off then pulled the seat back out and was able to get to the third. Install in the reverse order.

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
through the front seat back cushion. Lift the bottom cushion out, then feel on the wall behind the seat you will find 2 wing nuts, there is a third in the upper side corner to the left when reaching up. It comes off and there is a large access hole there. I took the two I could easily get to off then pulled the seat back out and was able to get to the third. Install in the reverse order.
I was wondering, thank you

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy, this is a nice installation setup. I will be installing a brand new set of speakers and adding some additional when I pick the boat up this spring. I might be calling on you for some guidance during my install.

Thanks