• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

factory wetsounds stereo issues

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've got a 2019 242 Limted E-series with the factory wetsounds system--been super disappointed with the stereo since day 1 and realizing now it might actually have a defect. The sub from what I can tell doesn't put out any sound let alone bass, I called wetsounds and they told me that on a bass heavy song, the sub should be moving a 1/2" or so, mine does nothing, which is actually a good thing--I'm glad this isn't how it's supposed to be! I added 2 kicker tower speakers earlier this summer and they completely over power the entire factory wetsounds system to where you can only hear the tower speakers. Anyone else experiencing problems like this? I've tried messing with all the settings, even have the fusion app on my phone and nothing I do brings any life to the sub and the rest of the speakers just get drowned out by the tower speakers. Anyone else having these issues and know a simple fix?

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the same boat, the WS amp from the factory is SUPER limited, it’s capable of way more, but there is no way to modify the sound. It’s programmed at wet sounds per yamaha specs and they won’t give out the software to modify it. While some claim bumping the bass etc on the fusion app helps, I have found it to make NO difference, which makes sense given that the amp is digitally overriding all settings to the boring factory levels.

That said, the wet sounds hardware is capable of a lot more. I added a dedicated 300W amp powering just the factory sub, and left all the speakers on the factory amp. Now I can actually turn up the bass, and there is a TON of it... It’s a shame that the factory amp is programmed at 25% capacity, and I’ll eventually replace it altogether, but adding the separate amp was the cheapest way for me to get an acceptable sound.

Good luck!

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Really appreciate the info! Guess I need to add a designated amp to the sub and I should be good to go. Kind of a joke to spend the extra money for the upgraded model if the upgrades are pointless :(

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep. It’s a real bummer, only thing worse is the 242x owners that have 2! There are plenty of 242x owners on here who are using their amps as door stops...

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How did you wire the second sub? That wiring harness is a little confusing. Seems like classic over engineering!!