• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fall cleaning plan

osins74

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone, looking for some guidance on cleaning my 2018 SX195 that has been wet slipped for the season. After reviewing the various cleaning & waxing posts I am reaching out to the fellow forum members to double check my homework. So my plan is to start by giving the boat a quick wash with Starbrite marine wash and dry just to get any loose material off the exterior. Then going to give the hull a deep clean with Starbrite Hull cleaner. Once that’s completed going to apply 3M marine fibreglass cleaner and wax to complete the exterior. For the interior I have picked up 303 multi-surface cleaner and 303 aerospace protectant. Also picked up 303 fabric guard for the mooring cover. I’ll wipe down the mooring cover with dawn soap, and once dry apply the fabric guard. So what am I missing? I’m also in the process of looking at a dual action polisher, so any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't wet slip, so have little experience to offer as to the hull cleaning.

As to the 303, I use the protectant. Seems to work well. Vinyl still looks nice. Don't use it on the cover (not that you said you were going to, but someone tried that once and the cover shredded). Don't know about the fabric guard.

As to the polisher, I got a Griott's one. It has worked very well for me. Thing is a workhorse. I did not pay for the extra cord (I have an extension cord and know how to use it, thanks), but I know several who have recommended that.

Oh, and we love pics. Send us some before and some after. It makes us happy.

osins74

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know how to clean this? Starbrite instant hull cleaner got most of the hull clean, just struggling to remove the last bit around the water line.

Attachments

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hello everyone, looking for some guidance on cleaning my 2018 SX195 that has been wet slipped for the season. After reviewing the various cleaning & waxing posts I am reaching out to the fellow forum members to double check my homework. So my plan is to start by giving the boat a quick wash with Starbrite marine wash and dry just to get any loose material off the exterior. Then going to give the hull a deep clean with Starbrite Hull cleaner. Once that’s completed going to apply 3M marine fibreglass cleaner and wax to complete the exterior. For the interior I have picked up 303 multi-surface cleaner and 303 aerospace protectant. Also picked up 303 fabric guard for the mooring cover. I’ll wipe down the mooring cover with dawn soap, and once dry apply the fabric guard. So what am I missing? I’m also in the process of looking at a dual action polisher, so any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance.
@osins74 ....we wet slip our 2020 SX195. Pulled it yesterday. Used the hose at the launch to hose the hull before any crud dried. Used Purple Power to clean hull (would use Starbrite if hull had been dirtier) let it sit 20 minutes then hosed it off. Will finish up with an application of Meguair's Flagship Marine Wax and hand buff it. .....full disclosure as a scuba diver I have a variety of wet suits and scuba masks available to me so throughout the summer (every 7 days or so) I anchor in a shallow sandy bay and scrub the bottom.

Last edited:

osins74

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Canuckjetboater, my mistake was not taking it out at all this season. I’ll look for some Purple power and see if that helps. At this point I’m willing to try anything!

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I learned this from my neighbor years ago. Get yourself a plant sprayer and some wood bleach (oxcillyc acid) and dilute the bleach into the sprayer. spray on the hull, wait 5 minutes, and wipe off with a sponge. then wash the boat with a good soap, then wax it. With 4 people (2 inside and 2 outside) we got the boat cleaned & covered in 90 minutes this year before putting it into storage.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks @Canuckjetboater, my mistake was not taking it out at all this season. I’ll look for some Purple power and see if that helps. At this point I’m willing to try anything!
@osins74 ....my friend who wet slips at the same marina has left his 25 foot wake boat in all season (May to now) without pulling it once and only cleaning it once when anchored. We were talking last night and I agreed with him that he might have to use a 50-50 mix of water and muriatic acid to clean his hull. Of course you have to be really careful with aicd washes as they can yellow gelcoats or worse leach the chemical stabilizers from them causing them to become brittle which invites osmosis. If there is a medium coat of algae/slime I like Starbrite products if it's worse than that more cleaning strength is needed. Purple Power works for lighter algae/slime but not sure about heavier growth. :cool:

Last edited:

osins74

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. The starbrite removed about 99% of the grime, and it is working on that area but just takes time and elbow grease. Was hoping someone had experience / recommendations for that particular growth. I’ll keep working at it.