• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Farewell to All!

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
My Friends,

The time has come. I have had the pleasure of owning my LS2000 since 2011 and making many great memories along the way. Unfortunately since 2013, when i replace my instrument gauges with ones that had digital hour meters, i have only been able to put 36 hours on each motor. Sadly i have spent the last 5 years cleaning, detailing, and upgrading the boat more than using it.

A very very hard decision was made on Sunday to put it up for sale, in hopes we can upgrade to something that handles the Great Lakes a bit better. Yesterday, correct, IN LESS THAN 1 DAY, the Boat has sold for full asking price!!! If it was not for the help, support, and time that everyone on this forum has provided, i would have never been blessed and created such memories! I must say, when you pay attention to an 18 year old boat, maintain it, and keep it clean, it pays off in the end. I am meticulous with my boat, and you could eat out of the engine compartment! Taking care of what you have, will maintain the value!

Along the way there have been so many people who have helped me with my troubles and tons of mods including Dual Strainers, EZ Locks, Stainless Steel Scupper, Windshield Replacement, New Gauges, new fuel sender, dual batteries with blue sea switch/ACR, SS cupholders, amplifier/speakers upgrade, amongst many others that i dont need to ramble about!! lol
I forgot to mention, my 8 Year old batteries tested Good at Autozone... trickle charging/mainting them pays off!

I could list off the names of those who have helped, but i would be here typing for all too long! You all know who you are, you are greatly appreciated and truly a great asset to the community! I will be lurking from time to time, but sadly no more stalking. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out!!

Heres a photo of my ls2000! I wish you all luck and Please Please have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!! -Merica

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    350.6 KB · Views: 45
Happy 4th to you as well. What are you looking to upgrade to next?

My wife would prefer something with a cuddy. I have not yet narrowed it down, but it will be a bit larger, more seating area, and a nice cuddy cabin :) Nothing too big, probably 25ft and under.

Nice, good luck in your search

Congrats on the sale and happy 4th to you and your family!

congratulations on getting full asking price without haggling, it does pay to take care of your stuff,

Did you happen to mention us to the new owner ??

You don't have to leave, we'd love to see the new boat and hear about your experience with it,

Not sure when ill be purchasing the new boat. Im still waiting patiently to find the right one :) If anyone has any recommendations for a 25ft or less cuddy, id love to hear!!! Once i buy a new one, ill be sure to come back to visit!

Did i mention the site.... psht cmon now lol jk. Of course i gave him the keys to the kingdom!

My cousin had a 2006 crownline cr270 27'. He bought it new and sold it last year he loved it. He didn't get another boat because they barely used this one but he was a big crownline fan. He had the mercruiser engine which gave him some problems over the years but nothing crazy. Not sure how much you going to use the cuddy or sleep on it but even in the 27' it seemed kind of small.

Your boat can move on @addisonm06 but you should stick around. After all the only thing that will change with a new boat will be engine & drives. Good luck with the search. Hope you will post pics. Who knows, you may convert others here.

Back