• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Farewell

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 2017 212x sold today! Now just waiting for the delivery of my new Malibu 21 vlx.

A huge thanks to everyone on the forum that answered questions and provided valuable information without ridicule or sarcasm. This forum is a very awesome and active place to obtain anything and everything about your jet boat. I cant say enough good things and enough thanks to all those that helped me along the way (you know who you are).

Please let me know if I can provide any information in your pursuit in forming the perfect wake or "how to's" as far as modifications. The least I can do is do exactly what all the jetboat veterans did for me when I first came on board.

Enjoy the upcoming season jetboater's, and let me know if I can answer any of your questions.

Surfs up-
Greg

Last edited:

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the sale! You deserve the wake on the Malibu. As for me, you had a very sharp 212X.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on the sale! Make sure to post pix of your new wakeboard when it arrives.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you got it sold! Now the real fun begins on your VLX!!! Are you taking the factory tour in time to catch her after she's been sprayed? Are you on TMC (themalibucrew) site? There's another member on there who is switching to a new Axis A24 from his AR240. Leatherneck is his name or something along those lines. I haven't registered on there just yet, still lurking and reading.

I am also still trying to find a wake boat to fit my needs. So many of them are freaking huge on the trailer. About the only brands that would fit in my garage would be an Axis, MB, or Tige. A Sanger could certainly fit but I hate the looks of them and don't care to have a boat required to do heavy listing (unsafe/uncomfortable). May end up in an A20 or A22 if it would fit in my garage. Not near as nice as the Moombas I was looking at IMO but I can't fit a Moomba in my garage :(. Need to make the footprint out of PVC to ensure an A22 could fit in the garage. I was going to swing by the Axis dealer yesterday to take measurements but the weather wasn't cooperating.

Last edited:

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Choosing a boat was easy for me as our lake has a 21.5 limit on boat size. Plus combining the price point of the 21VLX and its dry weight being within the limits of my boat lift it was a wrap. I aslo fell in love with the Viper video screen.

No tour for me due to a business trip. I wouldve liked to see my boat being born...spray date was on the 15th.

I am on TMC under the same handle as in here. Look me up!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The issue for me is I don't have a lake house with a lift :D. So storing in my garage is a must for me as I don't want to deal with offsite storage and constantly worry about the boat not to mention the fee'$. I like being able to work on or just go chill in my boat in the garage. Having a 7' tall header and only 21' deep kind of limits things but my garage door is a wider two car width and my garage is much wider. Hoping I could squeeze/angle in a 21-22' boat. Pretty sure an A20 would fit without a lot of fuss similar to my 192 angled in but a 21-22' might be too much boat to try and push in. Most of these newer tow boats are freaking MASSIVE and require a lot of storage space. They make a 24' Yamaha small by comparison in terms of being able to fit them in a garage. Many will not fit in a 7' garage even with towers folded so that leaves me to a small handful of boats that may fit. I just paid off my F150 last week (woohoo). It needs a good overhaul now at 165k miles. I have the highest gear ratio so thinking I may need to swap out the rear gear ratio for more torque at the sacrifice of more fuel burning. Wished I could own a lake house :D

Enjoy your new boat! It would be cool if you did a thread on your boat once you get it and go over your experiences switching from jet. Hope you stick around and I'll for sure try and keep up with you on TMC.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The issue for me is I don't have a lake house with a lift :D. So storing in my garage is a must for me as I don't want to deal with offsite storage and constantly worry about the boat not to mention the fee'$. I like being able to work on or just go chill in my boat in the garage. Having a 7' tall header and only 21' deep kind of limits things but my garage door is a wider two car width and my garage is much wider. Hoping I could squeeze/angle in a 21-22' boat. Pretty sure an A20 would fit without a lot of fuss similar to my 192 angled in but a 21-22' might be too much boat to try and push in. Most of these newer tow boats are freaking MASSIVE and require a lot of storage space. They make a 24' Yamaha small by comparison in terms of being able to fit them in a garage. Many will not fit in a 7' garage even with towers folded so that leaves me to a small handful of boats that may fit. I just paid off my F150 last week (woohoo). It needs a good overhaul now at 165k miles. I have the highest gear ratio so thinking I may need to swap out the rear gear ratio for more torque at the sacrifice of more fuel burning. Wished I could own a lake house :D

Enjoy your new boat! It would be cool if you did a thread on your boat once you get it and go over your experiences switching from jet. Hope you stick around and I'll for sure try and keep up with you on TMC.
I will definitley do that!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have any threads of your build on TMC? It won't let me search just your username on there.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have any threads of your build on TMC? It won't let me search just your username on there.
ya weird...I couldn't search my own username.

Here is the build pic that gets generated when you design on the Malibu site. You cant see the hull but it is all black. Will see it for real in a couple weeks hopefully.

Attachments

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm curious @Blenderhead how much money are we taking to upgrade to something like that? I have exactly the same 2017 212X as you had..... I presumed these wakeboard were double the price minimum ?????

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm curious @Blenderhead how much money are we taking to upgrade to something like that? I have exactly the same 2017 212X as you had..... I presumed these wakeboard were double the price minimum ?????
You can get into a wake surf boat at about the same price of the 212X.... The "entry level" boats (which far exceed what I would consider entry level) can be had at around the $50-$65k price point. These are very nice boats with mostly analog functions, smaller digital screens....but definitely fully featured w/in-floor ballast, surf systems and even high end sound systems. Your Moombas, Supremes, Axis, Mastercraft NXT etc. fall into these categories loosely and can be optioned up to meet or exceed the higher end models. Since these boats are very capable it is very popular to purchase a larger "entry level" boat and option it up. I chose the Malibu 21VLX because I felt that it had everything I wanted regarding capability and technology, and great fit and finish for a no haggle price of $79,995. Additionally since we have a 21 ft. max boat size for the lake I live on it made my choice simple. Buying a 1 or 2 year old boat will also get you an incredible deal with a warranty still intact.

A buddy of mine has a Moomba Mondo on our lake which is an awesome boat and I am pretty sure he didn't pay more than $62. The 2018 212x comes in at $58,500 so its really boils down to what your focus is. We came to love wake surfing and got really tired of strapping ballast on the rear swim deck of the 212x.... It did however create a great surf wave but it became a hassle because 95% of our boating revolved around wake surfing. Don't get me wrong.... I loved my 212x and it is an awesome boat...it just want meeting our family focus.

I learned when I purchased my new boat that once you pass the $50k mark, financing can be extended way out. Some people don't like to do this, however I see it as an investment that I will be able to recoup.

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can get into a wake surf boat at about the same price of the 212X.... The "entry level" boats (which far exceed what I would consider entry level) can be had at around the $50-$65k price point. These are very nice boats with mostly analog functions, smaller digital screens....but definitely fully featured w/in-floor ballast, surf systems and even high end sound systems. Your Moombas, Supremes, Axis, Mastercraft NXT etc. fall into these categories loosely and can be optioned up to meet or exceed the higher end models. Since these boats are very capable it is very popular to purchase a larger "entry level" boat and option it up. I chose the Malibu 21VLX because I felt that it had everything I wanted regarding capability and technology, and great fit and finish for a no haggle price of $79,995. Additionally since we have a 21 ft. max boat size for the lake I live on it made my choice simple. Buying a 1 or 2 year old boat will also get you an incredible deal with a warranty still intact.

A buddy of mine has a Moomba Mondo on our lake which is an awesome boat and I am pretty sure he didn't pay more than $62. The 2018 212x comes in at $58,500 so its really boils down to what your focus is. We came to love wake surfing and got really tired of strapping ballast on the rear swim deck of the 212x.... It did however create a great surf wave but it became a hassle because 95% of our boating revolved around wake surfing. Don't get me wrong.... I loved my 212x and it is an awesome boat...it just want meeting our family focus.

I learned when I purchased my new boat that once you pass the $50k mark, financing can be extended way out. Some people don't like to do this, however I see it as an investment that I will be able to recoup.

Wow! That’s cool. I may upgrade down the line. I love my 212x but we love wakesurfing and the bags get annoying and time consuming

Last edited: