• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

"Fast Idle" Button?

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On all my previous boats there has been a way to increase rpms while in neutral, often to assist in starting if the engine is being stubborn. The closest thing I've found on my 2013 is using the cruise assist button while in neutral.

I notice there is a spot for a button at the base of the binnacle but it's not installed.. Is there a mod to return this feature?

Thanks!

I believe that you have non obvious mechanical buttons at the base of your throttles. They allow you to adjust the throttle without moving the reverse bucket. But be warned that increasing throttle while the bucket is in the neutral postition will result in forward movement.

@whaler7626 , I think @Bruce is referring to the large black buttons at the base of each throttle lever. They may not seem like buttons but just covers for the bolts that hold the throttle levers in place. I've never used mine on the water just on the trailer to see what they do.

How fast do you want to run it up with the buckets closed?

Because there isn't a clutch and you don't physically engage thrust it would be kinda dangerous to "rev" a jet boat engine while stationary, in fact you wouldn't be for very long :D.
I've often wondered why a clutch system has never been trialled, would be real easy to install right where the bearing housing is placed, I'm sure Yamaha would of experimented with something along those lines (what! They haven't, quick, where's the patient office! :p).

Actually, I think there is a type of clutch system in there. However, it is more like the one on your electric drill. If the impeller gets jammed, the engine will still run and you will feel what seems to be massive 'vibrations'. My working theory is that those vibrations are the 'clutch' system slipping to avoid damage to the impeller and engine.

Not what you were looking for, I realize, but there is one there, I think.

Back