• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Father/Son time: refurbing a '96 WaveBlaster 2

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My Son and I are starting to customize his pwc and I thought I'd post some before and after pics of this.

Today we spent 2 hours peeling the old hydro turf out of the footwells. Used a razor blade and a heat gun primarily, finished it off with goo gone and goof off.

Tonight we may work on the seat because it needs it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looks good @Ronnie. Can't wait to see the finnished product. What a fun time working with your son!!!

Looks like fun! I think @Cobra Jet Steering LLC has a trick to restore the color on the plastic parts that have faded over the years.

Here are a few pics of the new turf laid out on the floor next to the seat with a new cover draped over it.

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Don't forget to use stainless steel staples on the seat cover. Fun project with quick results!

Awesome bonding time with some serious fun at the end.

Nothing better than doing projects with your kids. But Ronnie, can't you afford to turn the furnace t-stat up a few degrees so your son doesn't have to wear a hat in the house?

LOL, the heat was on (my wife likes the house toasty), he's just been loving that hat lately, possibly because I don't like it.

Looks like fun! I think @Cobra Jet Steering LLC has a trick to restore the color on the plastic parts that have faded over the years.
Thanks, i may reach out to Jeff about that once my son and I have taken care of the bigger mods.

We didn't get much done yesterday, just put the new turf in.

@Ronnie: This is a great thread. Wonderful reading about a father and son spending time together on a project.
Makes for just wonderful reading and KEWL photos as well. many Thanks - Mike

@Ronnie
It's coming along nicely. Enjoy your time spent with the kids building memories, because it goes by so fast.

We recovered the seat today with one from blacktip that my son designed online. It took about two hours, plenty of time to talk so we did. It was fun and came out very nice. Next weekend maybe we'll install the keel guard and new grips.

Last edited:
That's good, we were hoping for 7 but only expecting 4.

I have thought of buying some standups, 550 or superjet, and just putting them in storage for ten years until my son is old enough to use and enjoy them. They are already getting difficult to buy and find good 2 strokes.

A few more pics. We installed the keel guard yesterday along with the tow tie down ring on the stern and grips. He wants to test everything out today so we maybe in the water in a few hours.

image.jpg image.jpg

I especially like the pics of him with the staple gun wearing the appropriate PPE! Brother almost lost his eyesight while using a hammer and a small piece of metal dislodged. Too cheap and easy to not use those glasses! Way to start teaching them right, early!

And the project and results are outstanding. Love it when the kids are excited in a project.

We made it to the water this for the first time this season last Satueday. Everything worked without issue. My son had an awesome time on the rebuilt waveblaster. My wife and I rode it as well. It tops out at 45 mph with our son on it and it gets there a lot faster than our 06 fx cruiser ho does. Now we are questioning whether we should have the ski detuned a little until he gets older. Here a a few pics from that day.

Last edited:
@Ronnie I love the picture of him reclined out on the seat, one very cool dude. Looks like ya got a great kid there.

Nice....Love it.

Back