• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Father/Son time: refurbing a '96 WaveBlaster 2

@Ronnie I love the picture of him reclined out on the seat, one very cool dude. Looks like ya got a great kid there.
@Ronnie: X2 on what @scot71 wrote !

By the way ,,,,, While I love my SeaDoos, the color combo on your Son's Waveblaster is so SUPERBLY KEWL !!!!!!!!!!

It's great watching your two "bonding" experiences ! So many thanks for sharing all of this.
My Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - On the medium-sized lake on Georgia

Hmmm...like father, like son?

I wish, but he is not quite there yet I have to remember that he is only 12 and that I don't want him to be just like me, I want him to be better.

Here is a short video I just put together from that day.

Great transformation on the look of that vehicle!

19 years old ski looks great.

Thanks guys.

I've got to decide soon on another possible father / son project. My wife's uncle is the second owner of a 68 or 69 camero. The first owner was his brother who passed away in the early 70s. The car has been modified to run on unleaded fuel and has rarely been used since the current owner got it. I've been in the family for 14 years now and have only seen it move from the driveway to garage. Anyway, the owner loves my kid like a grand parent and we can get the car very cheap or free if we want to restore it. the only condition is that we keep it in the family. I don't know if We are ready for that kind of commitment. It could use some new paint and tires, not sure what else but I am almost sure the rest is all stock down to the spare and radio, radio not tape, cd, etc. I will try to get a pic of it soon.

Unlike the WaveBlaster this car is not only older than my son, it may be older than me.

........... My wife's uncle is the second owner of a 68 or 69 camero ............ I don't know if We are ready for that kind of commitment. It could use some new paint and tires, not sure what else but I am almost sure the rest is all stock down to the spare and radio, radio not tape, cd, etc. .........
@Ronnie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Ronnie, @Ronnie, @Ronnie !@
Son, get it ! It's a CLASSIC @!!!! And in advance, Good Luck with YOUR new project !
Happy Easter, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - And YES - "You're ready"

@Ronnie what you have here is a perfect set of circumstances! A free classic car, and a son that is at the perfect age to work on it with you. Do it man!

Yeah uncle is retired ans is or is close to 70. He wants to see the car restored on his life time but knows he won't do it. If we don't take it he is going to offer it to his nephew and grand nephew (my son's cousin who is a year older), so essentially we have right of first refusal.

One of my concerns is that it would take up the only garage spot at my home for what could be years. Uncle lives close by and may let us work on it at his house, we would see him more that way and he could watch the refurb as it progresses. Sorry, thinking of work arounds. I don't know guys I have a few weeks if not months to decide so I will shelf this for at least the weekend. I've definitely had worse problems.

I think a chance to bond on a project like this with both your Uncle and son sounds great. Plus the way these projects go it would be done just around the time your son is old enough to drive. :)
Your uncle might even prefer you do it at his place, just so he could feel more a part of it and spend the time with you and your son. It might even relieve some pressure on you if your uncle could work on it with your son even when you aren't around.

I just picked up these strap on rear view mirrors for my son's ski. He and I both want something on there. These are perfect because the are remove able (won't be a problem with the cover) and relatively cheap and $8 each. I Hope the mount is strong enough because im sure they don't float.

image.jpg

Back