• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Favorite thing about my boat

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've noticed the compliments thing too. It's kind of funny because I'm rarely the most expensive boat at the ramp and sometimes the cheapest. Lot of high end wake boats out here.
Second year we had our 2015 212X, we were docking at a Restaurant, guy on the dock says; "That's a sweet boat, must have cost you $150k!" I told him; "I'd sell it to him for half that if he liked it so much!" He just laughed and walked away, so this story is NOT about how I made a $30k profit in less than a year of boat ownership.

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Another one is that I didn’t have to convince wifey to get it, she’s the one that wanted it first. We were at the boat show and I walked out to take a work call. When I found her she was staring at this boat and said “That thing is gorgeous, I gotta have that boat”. I looked at the price tag and said “yeah right”. (We were there to look at the new jet skis) But as we now know, she was serious.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another one is that I didn’t have to convince wifey to get it, she’s the one that wanted it first. We were at the boat show and I walked out to take a work call. When I found her she was staring at this boat and said “That thing is gorgeous, I gotta have that boat”. I looked at the price tag and said “yeah right”. (We were there to look at the new jet skis) But as we now know, she was serious.
Pretty close to the same story. Wandered into a Yamaha dealer one day in 2018 and was looking at an SX210, wondering if I could afford it. Loved the layout. Noticed my wife on another boat, an AR240. Even bigger price tag. I said "No Way". Said it again after the salesman gave us a monthly price. Wife said she had to have it. If we got a boat it had to be at least a 24 footer for the head compartment. We didn't pull the trigger that day. Later we passed on financing deals offered at boat shows. Waited and waited. Then Covid hit. So what did we end up with? A 2020 242S that was TWICE the price of the SX210.

Moral of the story, don't take the wife boat shopping, and they have some unexplained magical power.. lol.. yeah right.. We know what they have, and we want it. hahahahaha

Love everything about the boat though. No complaints.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The women. This thing is a babe magnet. Crank up the stereo and they will come.

Only 2 of these rode there on the boat. The other 5 migrated.

View attachment 148825
My boat was purchased with the understanding that it’s first modification was an anti babe magnet (aka my wife).

Funny story: during my maiden voyage of the 230 SX I had, I had just launched the boat and parked the tow vehicle. As I was about to board from the dock I (actually my wife and I) overheard a group of four or five college girls in the boat in front of us, all of them gorgeous. Their battery was dead, or so they thought. The leader stood up and said, “I will get us jump” as she took of her shirt to reveal what god and her mother gave her in a string bikini that probably wouldn’t or just made the requirements to call it that. She looked at and started walking towards me. By the look on my wife’s face she and I could tell that she wasn’t getting a jump start from me even though I had jumper cables and even a spare battery onboard. No pics because I couldn’t take any without being obvious and would probably still be paying for such pics if I took any. This happened in 2008 or 2009. My wife referred and refers to me as Captain Ron but clearly I was reporting to her that day, the Admiral.

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My boat was purchased with the understanding that it’s first modification was an anti babe magnet (aka my wife).

Funny story: during my maiden voyage of the 230 SX I had, I had just launched the boat and parked the tow vehicle. As I was about to board from the dock I (actually my wife and I) overheard a group of four or five college girls in the boat in front of us, all of them gorgeous. Their battery was dead, or so they thought. The leader stood up and said, “I will get us jump” as she took of her shirt to reveal what god and her mother gave her in a string bikini that probably wouldn’t or just made the requirements to call it that. She looked at and started walking towards me. By the look on my wife’s face she and I could tell that she wasn’t getting a jump start from me even though I had jumper cables and even a spare battery onboard. No pics because I couldn’t take any without being obvious and would probably still be paying for such pics if I took any. This happened in 2008 or 2009. My wife referred and refers to me as Captain Ron but clearly I was reporting to her that day, the Admiral.

You turned her down?
I’ll tell you how cool my wife is. She woulda had me working on her boat while they drank and danced with the stereo cranked.
There have been times when she saw a hot one when I didn’t, so she would slap me and say “you’re missing it”!
We’ve been together since school and knows who I’m going home with. She also makes serious money, guess that helps her confidence also. 😜

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You turned her down?
I didn’t have the chance to turn her down, it was a one word conversation (if there is such a thing). The college girl said hello, I stared at her lucky a puppy does a treat and my wife gave her junk yard dog ready to pounce look. The result was that the college girl walked by us and to the two guys in the boat behind us.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You turned her down?
I’ll tell you how cool my wife is. She woulda had me working on her boat while they drank and danced with the stereo cranked.
There have been times when she saw a hot one when I didn’t, so she would slap me and say “you’re missing it”!
We’ve been together since school and knows who I’m going home with. She also makes serious money, guess that helps her confidence also. 😜
Mine too, it's pretty awesome!!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was trying to be frugal and was looking to buy an AR240. Went to the dealer, wife saw the black 242 Limited SE with the huge Bimini and said she wanted that one! No arguments from me.... done deal!

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't seen it mentioned yet......Value.....You get a TON of boat for your money IMO. My 190 is cheap to purchase, cheap to operate, cheap to tow, and cheap to maintain. The "smiles per dollar" ratio on this thing is through the roof. Lots of things others have said as well. Tons of compliments, easy to maintain, etc, but for me.....the value is where it's at.

We get more days on the water with the boys, away from screens, in the fresh air, hanging out with friends and family, because it's a cheap/easy boat to own/operate. Our money, time, and efforts can go into enjoyment instead of upkeep. Sure a $150k wake boat is pretty, has more bells and whistles, and really operates nicely, but if you're talking about "pretty basic transportation" on the water, this one is hard to beat. Admitedly, it's a bit nicer than just basic transportation, but I think the premise stands :D

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was trying ti be frugal and was looking to buy an AR240. Went to the dealer, she saw the black 242 Limited SE with the huge Bimini and said she wanted that one! No arguments from me.... done deal!
We all have similar stories! HAHA! I first fell in love with a 212X, but wife was not ready. Then we went to the boat show and we really liked the 210s, then wifey saw the 240, and noticed the size difference. She really liked it. Then she saw the finish of the Limited trim. Oh boy. Fortunately the dealer had a demo boat with 7 hours on it that was the LSE trim... SOLD!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The women. This thing is a babe magnet. Crank up the stereo and they will come.

Only 2 of these rode there on the boat. The other 5 migrated.

View attachment 148825
Exactly. Crank up the stereo and they will come. It's all about the vibration bro.