• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fender socks

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone use fender socks. I bought Taylor made socks and the are nylon. They seem pretty rough. Is fleece a better choice? I'm trying to save my black gel coat.
Thanks
Papa

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought something like this (might be exactly this)

Knit fabric style from west marine store.

They work awesome. Was getting lots of marring/scratches on side of boat without covers on fenders (my boats black also). These solved the problem for me. Had my gel coat repaired/polished then got these, and haven’t had the problem again.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use fender socks, they really work. I wash them annually to remove salt and grit. One of the no-brainer investments that I’ve made in my boat.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If anyone is interested in black 3mm wetsuit material fender socks please reach out to me directly via PM. I am waiting on some legal stuff before the full release but would like to get some in the wild for opinions.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah, all set for my fender needs, but as a regular wearer of 3mm wetsuits for my human powered boating, I like the idea of what you are concocting!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah, all set for my fender needs, but as a regular wearer of 3mm wetsuits for my human powered boating, I like the idea of what you are concocting!
I think the reason no one does it today is that the material is very high cost and only comes in sheets. Not to mention that I had to modify a heavy duty sewing machine to sew it tight with a proper locking stretch stitch without tearing through. I have made some for me that came out great and I even made socks for my 4 foot screw on dock fenders. Naturally hydrophobic, a bit of extra padding, and I think they will hold up well.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
PM'd ya. New black boat I don't want to get marred up.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If anyone is interested in black 3mm wetsuit material fender socks please reach out to me directly via PM. I am waiting on some legal stuff before the full release but would like to get some in the wild for opinions.
I sent you a PM.
Thanks,
Papa

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m interested, still haven’t figured how to PM.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
PM sent

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Edit-
I have to put the brakes on now as I have enough intrest but stay tuned for when this gets official. Should only be a few weeks.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Edit-
I have to put the brakes on now as I have enough intrest but stay tuned for when this gets official. Should only be a few weeks.
Any updates?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am working with a different supplier now to try and get colored fabric at a similar cost. I am waiting until I have that full line up, photos, and good stock to launch a website to better handle the backend. If someone here wants some now PM me. Black is the only current option.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am working with a different supplier now to try and get colored fabric at a similar cost. I am waiting until I have that full line up, photos, and good stock to launch a website to better handle the backend. If someone here wants some now PM me. Black is the only current option.
I’m interested in black, I don’t know how to PM.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@SCP1 Easiest way is to click on the person's name you wish to message. So in this instance you'd click on Mainah at the beginning of the post above yours, right above where it says "Jetboaters Captain". In the menu that pops up, click on "start a conversation". Then type and send. Only you and the person you're speaking with will see those messages.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@SCP1 Easiest way is to click on the person's name you wish to message. So in this instance you'd click on Mainah at the beginning of the post above yours, right above where it says "Jetboaters Captain". In the menu that pops up, click on "start a conversation". Then type and send. Only you and the person you're speaking with will see those messages.
Thanks!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone have a pic of these socks? Never heard of such a thing. What do they do?