• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fiberglass Damage

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any thoughts on the best way to fix this? I haven't hit anything so I'm not even sure how it happened. Was sort of hoping that it would be something that I might be able to do since it's just cosmetic? If I need to take it to a shop, I'll just wait til the seasons over.

Thanks guys!!

photo (8).JPG

Looks like it may be caused by your bow stop roller. Maybe the trailer is in too deep when retrieving?

I haven't hit anything so I'm not even sure how it happened.
LOL. That's exactly the same thing my wife and my daughter say when there is a new scratch on the car :rolleyes:

That looks too deep to be the bow stop to me. It is the right place for it. But I am hopeful that the bow roller is not that bad.

Perhaps it was bumping against a dock? I often bow into a dock to let passengers on or off. If the bow goes over the dock those kind of scratches can happen.

I am thinking about installing one of these bow protectors like @andy07sx230ho has https://jetboaters.net/threads/bow-roller-hull-protection.2758/

I thought that at first, but I know the boat wasn't in to deep (had to power on because it wasn't quite deep enough) and that is the stoltz roller which I've never had any issues with even in less than ideal loading conditions

LOL. That's exactly the same thing my wife and my daughter say when there is a new scratch on the car :rolleyes:

LMAO!!!! I wish that was just the excuse, but I really have no clue.....we didn't dock, didn't tie up w/anybody else, when I picked up/dropped off the girlfriend at the ramp I swung around so she could get off the swim platform....I am at a complete loss as to what happened :(

Have you docked your boat and left it alone? Read: some careless d-bag let his boat/outboard prop slide into you boat while docking.

nope, not when the scratch happened anyways....all we did that day was wakeboard and surf, that's why i'm so confused

Do you have a wakeboard with twin fins close together like that scratch?

Aha!!! Did you do a shallow water submarine move and force the bow into the bottom of the lake? :droid:

Honestly, all I can think of is maybe while retrieving the anchor, it dinged the bow...

Any ex-girlfriends keying your vehicles? :mad:

x2 on what @cane.mba said. That was my 2nd thought after boat retrieval.

Good luck with the repair. Let us know how it goes. I will be doing the same in the off season. There was a thread on here about someone doing the repair. Fantastic job. It was a red one.

Did you ever try to launch and had some difficulty getting the boat off the trailer because the water was too shallow during low tide? I know when that happens, the front (bow) will drop and can hit medal on the trailer. Just my 2 cents worth.

Aha!!! Did you do a shallow water submarine move and force the bow into the bottom of the lake? :droid:

Honestly, all I can think of is maybe while retrieving the anchor, it dinged the bow...

you may have something there...I do have a box anchor that I built and the girlfriend was the one that pulled the anchor that day....I'll bet it scraped as she was pulling it up.

I think you've found the source of your marks. I'm the only one that is allowed to deploy/retrieve the box anchor on our boat. 1) Setup/storage can be tricky for newbies and 2) pulling it into the boat can lead to damage to the hull if not careful.

Back