• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Final tomato harvest of the year

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had one plant left. It had grown to almost 10 feet wide. The temp is dropping to 27 tonight so I picked them all.

image.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice haul... What do you do with the green ones?
Initially I left them on the plant but after speaking to my Uncle and Grandmother they wanted them for fried green tomatoes. I bagged them up for distribution to friends and family. There were 4 gallons of green and 2 gallons that should ripen. I also harvested seeds for next year.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fried green tomatoes!

I miss having a garden:-/

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gavin helped me sort them by ripeness and selected the best tomatoes for harvesting seed.

GavinTom.jpg GavinTom2.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce: That "haul" is simply incredible ! Our gardens were "cleaned out" of tomatoes 45 +++ days ago, if not longer than that !!!!!!!!!!

So see that last crop is actually incredibly impressive. Thanks for sharing. Nice pics too, BTW !
Best WIshges, Mikey Lulejian - Tomastoeless on Lake Oconee, GA

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok, what I want to know is where do you find the time for all of this?:wideyed:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'ld rather hear why HE can grow tomatoes this time of the year and the rest of us, in the South, were "done" 2+ months ago .

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I miss having a garden
These were grown in a 30" flower pot. The plant quickly spilled over the sides..

what I want to know is where do you find the time for all of this?
@Rana took care of the watering. Everyone shared in the picking. Friends and family took care of it while we were away.

I'ld rather hear why HE can grow tomatoes this time of the year and the rest of us, in the South, were "done" 2+ months ago .
That part really surprises me as well. I do not know of any one else with tomato plants that have lasted this long. I have picked what I thought was the final harvest three times so far.