• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally had some heat soak.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Finally got some heat soak, 7600 to 7200rpm after about 3 miles of wot. So going to toss in the svho intercooler in. Props to @SAGERFLY for the pipe and y pipe!

Question, no issues with running no collar for the ribbon delete? Don't have one yet, guess I should order one.

Mike

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I don't think there's a benefit to using the ribbon delete spacer.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just don't leave or reinstall the rubber piece from the ribbon when you remove it.

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
yeah, do as @haknslash says! ...or else you'll end up like me. I left mine in and it got sucked in and destroyed the head.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
yeah, do as @haknslash says! ...or else you'll end up like me. I left mine in and it got sucked in and destroyed the head.
Damn, that sucks. I'll be sure to remove it. I'll try it without the collar first might get one at some point we will see. Thanks for the tip.

I was actually amazed I got heat soak, I know it was was hot coming out of the pisser but seeing RPMs drop a bit was odd. Oh well the fix is coming. Just missed a big thunder storm so I was happy to make it back.