• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally picked up our boat

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 1st post was back in Feb. when we put down money on a 2020 212s with a May delivery date..... Who would have thought it would be this long until we received our boat, but we finally picked her up on July 2rd just in time for the holiday weekend.
Throughout this experience, our dealer(Fremac Marine) has been top notch. They are family owned and while they were in the dark as much as we were on delivery dates during the shutdown, they took care of us in the end.

Having never had a boat of this size before, it was a little nervous putting her in the 1st time. Luckily we had put in a launch a few years ago at our house, so we can take our time to figure out our technique.

Here are my initial impressions from a novice who has only ever owned a Yamaha JetSki...
There is a ton of storage for everything we want to bring with us as well as plenty of cup holders. The back seats are what sold us, and they didn't disappoint. It is by far our favorite part of the boat. We can just sit and relax, listen to music and hang out back there.

The overall fit an finish seems great to us. We haven't noticed any missing/loose bolts, screws etc. yet, and have only had minor things come out of the bilge when we take it out. We get about a gallon of water out of the rear drain after leaving it in the water fro the weekend and doing some tubing.

It has a ton of power, and is still quit enough to have a conversation at cruising speeds. The slow speed maneuverability is awesome. I had no issues docking, even with a slight wind. I can turn within its own length without trying. I don't think I will add any fins since I am pretty happy with how it handles as is. (I also have not driven a boat in years, so I cam with no previous bias). It does "slide" a little when crossing bigger wakes but nothing that makes me think I need to do anything about it. I figure I will drive it as is, and then decide in the fall if we want to add fins.

A couple of observations....
One of the drain plugs in the engine compartment (I thinks its the drain connected to the gas tank compartment) is literally impossible to close since the forward wall in the engine bay is almost directly over it. Not sure how anyone can close it, but maybe there is a trick.
With just the house battery on, you will get a starter batter low voltage alarm, which you can only silence 5 minutes at a time. There seems to be no way of disabling it.
The same goes for the depth alarm. If the connext screen is on, it seems like they will always go off. I've heard you can just us the rear remote to get around the issue, but I am still trying to find another way.
No wake mode is "interesting" to disengage. It seems you either have to press the '-' button until it turns off, or increase the throttle. Its a little counter intuitive. The dealer mentioned its "dumb" but its been like that for years.

Overall, the boats has lived up to our expectations, and in some cases exceeded them. I also think this forum has been a great source of information, we probably would still be debating a boat purchase if it wasn't for this forum.

Still working on a name for her, but here she is:

ArchBuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat - Congratulations!

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@EricE congrats on the great looking boat, it is not going to disappoint. The aft seating section is awesome, and it is a lifesaver out here in Key West at the sand bars. Enjoy!!!!!

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
first time I’ve seen that bow cover. Would that be strong enough to keep most of the water out if you took a wave over the bow?

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
first time I’ve seen that bow cover. Would that be strong enough to keep most of the water out if you took a wave over the bow?
We had (what looks like) a similar bow cover on our SX230 and took a couple waves over the bow on the Bimini trip. Hell, those couple waves actually came over the whole boat before I could get us oriented properly.

We had all our luggage (8 of us for a week) in the bow and it all stayed dry. The stern of the boat had 3 inches or so that took a little time to clear via the scupper valve.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That dang back seating area is what got us (me) too! Damn you Yamaha!!!! =D Congrats on finally getting delivery! Great looking boat as well!

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Most likely. It fits pretty snug. It was custom made by a local place that came highly recommended.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That dang back seating area is what got us (me) too! Damn you Yamaha!!!! =D Congrats on finally getting delivery! Great looking boat as well!
Thanks! Once my wife sat in them, no other boat was gonna work for us. Lucky for me, I was already sold.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have long arms, I have to get down on my hands and knees to get the plugs in the engine compartment.

I just leave the starter battery on all day, double check your wiring to make sure everything is that is suppose to be on the house battery is, and the emergency tie is closed. 0 draw on the starter battery if it’s wired correctly. It’s been working great. I completely killed my house battery after I bought a amp and didn’t yet have a battery charger/tender. I leave the depth alarm set to what I want, once we get to the shallows to anchor up I just turn it down to 0. Only solutions I have found the last couple months.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Troy JK .....we bought a similar bow and cockpit cover from Yamaha and had a local company install the male snaps in the boat. Beautiful quality, better than many custom-made covers I have had made over the years. The dealer included to top quality trailer cover with the boat.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have long arms, I have to get down on my hands and knees to get the plugs in the engine compartment.

I just leave the starter battery on all day, double check your wiring to make sure everything is that is suppose to be on the house battery is, and the emergency tie is closed. 0 draw on the starter battery if it’s wired correctly. It’s been working great. I completely killed my house battery after I bought a amp and didn’t yet have a battery charger/tender. I leave the depth alarm set to what I want, once we get to the shallows to anchor up I just turn it down to 0. Only solutions I have found the last couple months.
Good to know... I think we will do the same... Just set the depth alarm to 0...

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Troy JK .....we bought a similar bow and cockpit cover from Yamaha and had a local company install the male snaps in the boat. Beautiful quality, better than many custom-made covers I have had made over the years. The dealer included to top quality trailer cover with the boat.
We also have the mooring cover for when it's out of the water...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congratulations, we’re twins!A8EFCF0C-8B5D-4C26-842E-A017CDD0F43E.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
+1 on the bow cover. It looks nice and taut. Is there a spine down the center, like a fiberglass rod? Looks better than just vertical support poles.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice! Congratulations! +2 on the envy over the bow cover... Very sweet.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
+1 on the bow cover. It looks nice and taut. Is there a spine down the center, like a fiberglass rod? Looks better than just vertical support poles.
Yeah, it has an aluminum spine that almost runs the length. Takes up more space, but definitely keeps it tight.