• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally Wakesurfing Ropeless behind our 242

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We spent a lot of time trying to go ropeless wake surfing this summer. My 14 year old son mastered it the second time behind our new jet boat. He enjoyed rubbing it in too. We learned a few things about ballast that helped me at 215 lbs go ropeless. We have 2 400lbs bags and 500lbs of lead weight from Lead Wake. I really like the lead because I can move it around at will. I moved the batteries back to open up more room under the rear seat. I put 500lbs of lead and a 400lb bag under the left rear seat, I then put the other 400lb bag on the rear floor. We usually have my wife or daughter sit on the left rear seat. It is very important to have you boat listing to the left. We also like to sit on the rear swim deck. I'm looking forward to getting the New Wake Wedge to really improve our wake.

We were also lucky that we could try several boards from our local shop, Tommy's Slalom Shop, and we have found a couple that we really like. I tried the Hyperlite Idylewood and the Red Rocket and could only go ropeless for a few seconds. The boards we really like is the Liquid Force Noserider 5.2 and the Byerly Buzz 4.8. Next year the Buzz comes out in a 5.2. It's on my Christmas list. Attached below is a short video.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking good Todd. I like your ghetto wedge idea. Your boat is making a pretty nice wave even without the Real Wedge.

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks but the videos i've seen of the wedge look awesome.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's available for the 240's !! We just don't have the website up yet !!! We're working on it !!!

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No weight in the front? That's a nice looking wave w/a decent pocket for our boats especially w/o weight up front!!

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We have tried some weight in the front and it didn't do much for us. Our 242 really likes the weight in the left rear corner..

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every one likes different weight set up :) with that said, me and @jcyamaharider have noticed that the 210's like front weight , but the 230's and 240's like more rear weight :)

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
PM me some contact info for the Wake Wedge for my 242. Thanks