• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finding Royalty Free Music and Win 10 Compatible Video Editing Software

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a couple of video's to make and I am struggling with 3 things:

1. Window's 10 is not compatible with my older version of Adobe Premier Elements (which I love). Anybody have experience with a good Window's 10 compatible video editing software product?

2. If I don't go Adobe again (I think its a subscription base now), soon I'll have to put out to pasture my greying cantankerous old mare of a desktop computer. Is it easy to move software from one computer to another if you don't have a physical copy of it? I've swapped drives for media content, but never ported over software. My computer is not really long for this world but I'd rather spend a grand on boat goodies than a new computer at this time.

3. Almost anywhere you want to host a video these day there are filters to check for copyrighted content like using popular music as a background and will block uploading. I totally get that, but most free royalty free music is very short and/or very hokey. If its not free, its really not free and pretty pricey for the home video guy. Anybody have a good source for free or mostly free royalty free music you like?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, for #2, I'm not aware of any way to move installed software from one computer to another without the installation files. When you install software it sometimes puts files in more locations than just its own installation folder. More importantly, it adds a bunch of information to your windows registry. Theoretically, this could all be duplicated, but you'd have to ferret out everything relating to that software and try to mirror it on the new machine. Its not something I'd try without REALLY knowing what you are doing - and even then you risk corrupting your OS install which means you might end up reloading your PC from scratch. Someone may make a software package that claims to do this automatically, but I wouldn't trust it.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure about Windows 10, but I recently ran into a similar problem with Windows 8. I was able to work around it by creating a virtual machine running Windows 7.

Here is a link that was helpful with my install.
HTTPS://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh846766.aspx
VM is a good idea for most applications, but video editing might be a little rough. When you run the VM, you're making your CPU and Memory run TWO Operating Systems (the host and the vm) instead of just 1. So trying to do something like edit a video - which requires a lot of CPU and Memory - is likely to have very poor performance unless you've got some real high-end hardware.

Just my 2 cents.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
#3. Sign into google music and make sure the song is available on their list and then when you upload it to YouTube you will have no issue with copyright.

I had to stop using Vimeo and switch to YouTube because of this.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YouTube has a decent list of royalty free music, but it is still pretty limited. https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

The past couple of years I haven't had very many problems using just about whatever song I want on YouTube. Usually I get an email after the video is processed saying that a claim has been made, yadda yadda yadda but basically all this means is the owner of the song will get to put ads up and make money off of my video. That's fine with me since they were the ones that made the music, and my videos generally stay under a couple hundred views max, so I wouldn't stand to make any money on them anyways.

This site has pretty decent selection of royalty free music, but I haven't had a chance to download any of it yet. http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html

And then you have sites like this http://www.premiumbeat.com/ that charge per song. Basically you buy the rights to the song (generally $39.95 each) and then you can use that song royalty free. I guess if I had a video that I thought would get 100's of thousands of views or more, it might be worth paying the 40 bucks and monetizing the video on You Tube.

As far as editing, I use Corel Video Studio Pro X8 which I really like and it works well with Windows 10. It looks like they just released the new version x9 and it's $80. Even with a fairly new computer with 8gb of ram and a 3.5ghz dual core processor it uses up all of my CPU when I render the video. I think my next computer needs to have a quad core processor and a beefed up graphics card. If anyone knows a good computer for video editing, I would love to hear it.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
... If anyone knows a good computer for video editing, I would love to hear it.
"Speed is just a question of Money. How fast do you want to go?" Applies to Boats, Cars, Planes,.... and computers! ;)

I'd suggest building your own or finding someone knowledgeable to build one for you. You pretty much hit it on the head that more cores and more memory are what you need. I've never looked into it, but I'm sure there is dedicated rendering hardware you could jam in the box (assuming open expansion slots) to really speed things up.