• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First day in

Richard Lachapelle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg
just got back from our first run in our new AR192 (2015).

Got a great deal in October before the Canadian dollar hit the skids. Paid and counted down the days until today.

Kids were off school so road trip it was!

Made it to Lake Simcoe in time to properly break in the boat! Kids wanted speed but I was sticking to the guidelines.
Tomorrow watch out.
Posting the pre-launch image - action shots to follow in the am.

PS - low speed control is WAY harder to master - took me about 10 tries to finally get the boat on the lift - helpful tips are welcomed and yes - thirst vectors are installed ( can't imagine what it's like without them )

PSS - LOVE the Yamaha - we will be burning the lake all weekend - maybe see other Lake Simcoe boaters.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
that's awsome. I take the kiddies out as well, nothing like family time. Enjoy tomorrow, its supposed to be awesome here (rochester ny)

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! Enjoy with the Fam!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Wife, my family and friends thought I had lost my mind when I started practice docking, launching, retrieving, docking again....LOL But I got better, Im still getting better. :cool: Everything is slow motion! Slow wheel turns, sloooooooooow.

Nice boat, the family is going to have a blast this summer!:winkingthumbsup"

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Richard Lachapelle and congrats on the new boat. Just remember that jet boats need thrust in order to turn. So short bursts, or slightly advancing the throttles will give more positive results. One word of advice "Never approach an object at a speed faster than your willing to hit it" (I'm not sure who I'm quoting there, but I read it on the Internet ;) )

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forum ! @itsdgm is spot on with that quote and Practice practice practice !

Last edited:

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always remember to use the no wake mode which engages "Thrust Directional Control" for better handling at slow speeds.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jet boats are like bikes... throttle is your friend! In other words, no throttle = no movement, or steering.

But as said before, just practice... a lot. You'll have a blast with her once you figure it all out. These toys are completely different than anything else.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Agree with @itsdgm. When I let someone drive my boat, those with lots of experience (particularly stern drive experience) have a lot of time being comfortable working the throttle back and forth. Too use to protecting the transmission I guess. I'm a believer in lot of quick thrust inputs.