• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First evidence of a Bimini Sands sale in process

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They still are not disclosing the buyer but hopefully this is good news for the 2020 Bimini Fling and maybe for 2019.

C35A4201-C058-4CEF-93D6-FC5D9271F47C.jpeg

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw this coming.

Hate that it effects 2019 but Bimini Sands will be back!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hopefully the sale will complete. This has been in the works for a long time. Roberts ousted Cooney in 2015 followed by a decision to shut down much of Bimini Sands at the end of 2016 which was avoided by the condo owners stepping up to keep the place running.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
fingers crossed :)

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Holy smokes!!! You see the price of gas down there?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holy smokes!!! You see the price of gas down there?
Bimini Sands has a Rubis station. It is the only fuel on South Bimini and Blue Water is the only fuel on N Bimini.

We budget $6 a gallon in cash and hope to pay less.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm this could be good but this might not be so great either. If their vision is to turn it into another Cat Cay like the article hints that would make this facility completely private and off limits to non members. Hopefully that is not the path they go.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, the email sent to the condo owners stated among other things

The Buyers have the vision and financial commitment which includes the following:

A new rental program that will help support and fund the HOA as well as putting more money in your pocket if you rent

Fixing and expanding the marina with the first right of refusal to the current homeowners.

Addressing the current restaurant deficiencies

Having a rental program and restaurants sounds good.

More money in the condo owners pockets may mean higher rates but I believe other area properties establish a maximum rate.

This suggests that slips will be sold which may make slip rental more difficult for large groups. However the marina was originally planned to have many more slips.

Likely some good and some bad but better than the current status of no rental pool, facilities falling apart and the marina being used for boat storage.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmm this could be good but this might not be so great either. If their vision is to turn it into another Cat Cay like the article hints that would make this facility completely private and off limits to non members. Hopefully that is not the path they go.
that is okay with me. I just tag along with @Mainah

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think even they give first rights to the HOA members it will still be rented out. And ownership in there would still at LEAST go on something like VRBO.
What I am unsure of is the huge docks in that place. I found it was part of the beauty of it to not have a ton of slips, but have room for big yachts.
HOWEVER, it is a sure thing that fuel seems to be a key ingredient there and to have a SOLID marina fuel dock that can get boats in and out quickly and easily would be very essential to the growth of BS. A stepping stone to the rest of the islands, perhaps, but Grand Bahama would probably be better is you are going that way, or, if your boat has more range you need to go straight to Nassau. I don't imagine a ton of boats going Bimini, and then Nassau because boats that are traveling that far would probably MOSTLY just go straight there.
The restaurants would be MY biggest next thing. It was hard to get meals on a regular basis.
I would imagine that a lot of people would want a snack bar at minimum open 90% of the time, or perhaps a bar by the infinity pool with some snacks.
I think if you had the resteraunt, a snack/licquor bar by the pool, many of us would leave the resort far less.
So I'm excited!
Unless it turns into another Resort World.
I really hope they keep some small charm, but I know that eventually all good things come to an end with increase of traffic.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So looks like the new Virgin cruise liner is going to make Bimini a stop and they are doing some investing. I saw some bad reviews for Resort World so hopefully this will bring a change. Won't be this year though...

By the Caribbean Journal staff

Richard Branson’s Virgin Voyages revealed its plans for a cruise stop in Bimini last month — and now more details have been announced.

The new beach destination will be the product of a partnership between Virgin Voyages and Resorts World Bimini, with plans to open in early 2020.

In a statement, Resorts World said the new club would “rival the best beachfront clubs in Ibiza and Saint-Tropez.”

“Bimini features some of the most spectacular beaches, amazing fishing and authentic hospitality in the Caribbean; it is the perfect location for guests looking for the luxury of a premium beach club and resort but an island that has retained the charm of the Bahamas with a rich history to explore.” said Missy Lawrence, President of Resorts World Bimini.

Bimini will be one of several Caribbean calls for Virgin Voyages, including Puerto Plata and Havana, among others.

Its first season will operate from April 1, 2020 through Oct. 25, 2020.

“The Beach Club at Resorts World Bimini will be a unique experience that will allow our guests to experience the Bahamas in an unpretentious, luxurious way only Virgin and Resorts World can provide,” said Tom McAlpin, president and CEO for Virgin Voyages. “The pristine white-sand beaches of Bimini are jaw-dropping, they present the perfect canvas for Virgin to create something special for our guests.”

Resorts World Bimini, Virgin Voyages to Partner on Beach Club

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
feeling that I am going to get priced out already