• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First impression and question on connex

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just splashed my new 2017, 212L. I got a great deal on a leftover model that never sold. A few quick first impressions the low-speed steering is not that bad . The boat scrubs a little more speed when turning than I thought. And it’s also not as loud as I thought it would be .

Now from my questions . Whenever the boat turns on the radio comes on automatically. It’s a little annoying is there a setting to make this not happen? I try to play around with it, but I couldn’t see anything. Also when I press the satellite button it doesn’t stay on satellite it stays on radio the satellite presets flash for about five seconds and then it goes right back to the radio . This weekend is free SiriusXM and I thought any equipped device is supposed to pick up the signal for free until after memorial day. I know in my other devices you can get the set SiriusXM preview Channel and also there’s a number of the radio so you can call and order I can’t find this. Thank you in advance.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Your boat is Sirius ready, not Sirius equipped. You would need the car module.

Last edited:

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
In my 2016 version you've got to hunt around to power off the radio before you shut off connext.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Connext is programmed to default to the radio and the last volume setting. No way to change that. I find it easiest to just turn the volume down before shutting off the boat.

Something that helps a lot is the custom plug and play push button start stop kits that my son makes and that I sell. Allows the keys to stay in the on position but the engines to be shut off leaving the radio on intil you shut of the keys. One quick press of of start button and both engines start sequentially and one quick press of the stop button and both engines stop instantly. Keys are required and all key functions are maintained.

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks for the help I guess I will be Bluetoothing it.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Managing the radio while tubing is a PITA. Whenever a rider goes down, you need to power off the engines, which cuts off the radio. Then, it all needs to reboot when the engines are turned on again.

I found a remedy for this by doing the following:
Turn engine #1 off, but then turn the ignition back on after the engine died.
Leave ignition from engine #1 on with engine off.
Turn engine #2 off completely.
Allow rider to board the boat/board/tube
Restart engine #2
Restart engine #1

Radio never cuts off and the good times continue to roll!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Managing the radio while tubing is a PITA. Whenever a rider goes down, you need to power off the engines, which cuts off the radio. Then, it all needs to reboot when the engines are turned on again.

Restart engine #2
Restart engine #1

That does work. To be candid if not interested in push button start and and only the stop side a single dpdt momentary button can be installed to accompish that with only 4 wires.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Restart engine #2
Restart engine #1

I never thought about doing that! Nice find.

I've always just engaged the blower before killing the engines. It keeps all other electronics powered and allows for minimal interuption to the rest of the crew.