• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

First issue with water in the boat

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Now Im not sounding the alarm when I say issue cause I only have 50 hours on my boat. This weekend I was on the CT river in a busy place. I had my boat beached and the wakes were rolling against the back of the boat. We took some friends out for a ride and I thought let me hit the bilge pump, water came out for like 40 seconds :jawdrop: Normally I dont have any water come out from the pump and when I pull the plug after using it for a day little to no water comes out. So I conclude the area where the rub rail meets the boat may allow water into the boat as most of the time that area does not have water beating up against it during normal use. I did have water over my plugs so some of it may have entered through that access hatch but the wakes were not getting to the 2nd deck level or I didnt see that happening.
Comments?

@Evil Sports. You said you hit the bilge switch. Don't you leave that on the entire time on the water? I'm also getting a little water but not every trip. Tested while on the trailer but no drips. Think I just came off plane too fast a couple of times.

No G I never leave the switch on. One of my mods was adding a float switch before delivery of the boat.

As Gym said, my bilge pump gets turned on when I turn on my blower fan for starting and never gets turned off till I pull the boat out of the water. That said, I would not be to concerned unless you start seeing it all the time. It could very well be water coming in and over top your plug tray and draining down through the inspection cover.

Last edited:
No G I never leave the switch on. One of my mods was adding a float switch before delivery of the boat.
If you have an automatic bilge with float switch, why did it only start pumping water when you turned on the switch. That would concern me more than the water coming out. Something sounds like it is not working correctly.

perhaps there was not enough water to activate the switch?? I will check the function of the switch this week when I go out

If a wave is large enough to go up over your jet pump access plugs, doesn't the water go straight to the bilge? That seems more likely the case than water going through the rub rail. The rub rail seems pretty well sealed up. I really think it's the second of your two suppositions that water made it onto the second tier of your deck and went into the bilge. If you wanted to simulate this, just have too much weight a stern and slow down too fast off of plane and have your wake come up over your transom. Your bilge pump will have something to do, almost guaranteed.

(I say that last sentence and now it makes me want to check if there is a drain plug for that area)

Back