• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Lake Conroe, TX Gathering, July 25, 2015

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am happy to announce the first Lake Conroe gathering. Unfortunately for those of you wanting to join, it happened yesterday. I was actually able to finally meet @MrMoose in person! With wife, kids to boot! But we actually had two boats flying Jetboaters.net flags within yards/meters of each other.

As is traditional with major gatherings like this, there was bling (a flag that he had snagged for me at Bimini). That was very fitting bling because before we left the dock that afternoon I had given the very same flag to the owner of an LX 2200, inviting him to join us on the board.

Anyway, I had neighbors and grandparents on my boat, so it was a very short gathering, as we had to be off. Nonetheless, most excellent meetup!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am happy to announce the first Lake Conroe gathering. Unfortunately for those of you wanting to join, it happened yesterday. I was actually able to finally meet @MrMoose in person! With wife, kids to boot! But we actually had two boats flying Jetboaters.net flags within yards/meters of each other.

As is traditional with major gatherings like this, there was bling (a flag that he had snagged for me at Bimini). That was very fitting bling because before we left the dock that afternoon I had given the very same flag to the owner of an LX 2200, inviting him to join us on the board.

Anyway, I had neighbors and grandparents on my boat, so it was a very short gathering, as we had to be off. Nonetheless, most excellent meetup!
Thanks for meeting up yesterday @tdonoughue ! You have an awesome looking AR, and it's obvious that you take great care of it. You should update your profile pic to better show off your good lookin' horny boat. I didn't get a chance to ask you about why you chose "Patent Pending" as your boat name. You caught us at the end of our float and all the beer and ballpark franks had been consumed; otherwise, I could have been a better host.
I'm glad that your post title did not say "Annual" in it.
With the number of jetboats on the lake, it's a shame that we don't organize more meetings at the island, or maybe north of the 1097 bridge where it's less crowded and calm enough to raft up. I know that we'd never be able to come close to Honeymoon Harbor in the Bahamas, but I'm sure that we could still establish something good, like a spot to meet up at noon-ish on a Saturday or Sunday after doing some morning water sports. A place to have lunch and socialize. We wouldn't be interested in doing a pub run like the cigarette boats do. Maybe I need to get some Jetboaters.net business cards made up and start passing them out to all the jetboats that I see... cheaper than flags :) Thanks for the tip on a nearby spot for wakeboarding. It worked well for us, but maybe not so well for the prop boats that were in the area as they were leaving mud trails behind them.
Thanks to @Bruce for the flags!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MrMoose, I have plenty of business cards. Send me your address in a conversation and I will mail some to you.

I think I am finished traveling for this summer but if you guys wanted to organize something for next summer we could tow the 6.5 hours to hang out.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose, I have plenty of business cards. Send me your address in a conversation and I will mail some to you.

I think I am finished traveling for this summer but if you guys wanted to organize something for next summer we could tow the 6.5 hours to hang out.
It was great hangin' out with you and your fam in Bimini, (first and last time that I ever get Happy Birthday sang to me on a vhf ratio) but Conroe is not worth the drive. If you ask me, drive far enough to get to the nice crystal clear salt water.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gosh darn it, I did not know about this meetup, and I was working this weekend anyway, but if y'all do it next summer and Im off work Im in. We are just south in Clear Lake, and have not had our boat on Conroe yet but it is a destination.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, well, that is what happens when you organize these things just between two people at the last minute via text. Doesn't give others a chance to join. Not much of a gathering really. More of a meeting I guess. We will need to plan something and have an actual gathering someday soon. Sorry about that @Kelso . I was just excited to finally meet someone from here in person!

Yes, thanks also to @Bruce for the bling. I agree that Conroe is likely not a good destination lake. But it is close so it works well for us. Water is rather silty. Some places to visit but not many. I would be challenged to justify a 6.5 hour trip.

As to the boat name, that is what happens when you are a patent attorney. Suggested by a Facebook friend after I asked for suggestions. It was the clear winner.

Until next time!