• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Look at the 190FSH

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
We are having our Demo weekend April 25th and 26th here in RI. Our dealer rep is bringing up a FSH demo for us to show off. We can't wait to get our hands on this thing. I'll do my best to get some videos and pictures uploaded.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice, @B_Mutter. Ask them when they plan on having more than three (3) FSH's to show all around America. That is a serious question, not posted sarcastically. Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Sorry for the delayed response!! We are getting super busy here... I totally agree with you @MikeyL !! I am not a fan of the mid season release and then follow that with a lack of product. We should have been introduced to this boat at the dealer meeting coming up in August with plenty of supply to get shipped right away.

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
So the weekend is over and the FSH Sport is onto it's next dealer..... Here's my thoughts....
Boat:
The boat is much deeper than I had thought. I am 5'6" and the side gunnel bolster pads hit me just above the knee. My father who is 5'11" they hit just at/below his knee. The overall layout of the boat is really well thought out. Storage where you need it and plenty of it. The flip up console that allows you to put a porta-potti in a 19' boat is impressive! The little flip up seats next to the main leaning post are an added bonus for the kids. I am very impressed with the actual T-Top itself. Definitely a very well made structure and looks and fits very nicely. I think instead of coming apart in sections for initial shipping it should hinge so that the aft anchor light would be mounted on it and not use the AR foldable stick light. They did a great job at the helm by leaving a good amount of space to put in a 10" display of some sort for GPS/Fishfinder. Sitting on the trailer it is weird knowing that the hull is the same as the rest of the 19's but a different deck. It just has a distinct look. Swim platform design is great and keeps with what everyone loves about a Yamaha Jet Boat. I can't see anyone buying anything but the Sport version and according to my rep that's pretty much how they have seen the deposits going for ordered boats.
Driving:
I think this is where the boat really sold me. Hole shot is great and the ride is super smooth. I think it rides a little higher in the bow since you are basically standing/sitting on the engine. We had the boats side by side in the slip and you are right where the aft cushions are on the 19's. The boat hit 45 mph with about 7/8 of a tank and two guys. with 3 guys we hit about 42 mph. which is right about where the sx/ar190 models are. The lake was super windy that day as well and we had some white caps so I was impressed with what it did.
The Rudder:
I guess this is the big thing on this boat. What I noticed is that the boat is not like any of the 19's when it comes to a hard corner. This boat has a sudden grab and hard spin when you hit a certain point in a good turn. I almost threw one of the guys right out of the boat. I was not expecting it to bite that hard at all. The 24's don't bite that hard. The rudder does somewhat stop the jetboat right turn when you come off of plane to neutral but again not as good as the keeled 24. Right out of the mouth of my rep.. the 2016 19's WILL NOT have a rudder. This FSH is the new 19 for the 2016 model year. The ride plate and rudder might be available as a retro kit for 2015 and 2016 19 footers. Older 19's will have to buy the new nozzle as well that has the bolt hole in it for mounting. I can only imagine the price of this kit.

Overall I think they did a great job for the first crack at a fish boat but still kept the Yamaha Boat feel. The customer I took out loved the boat. He was there specifically to see this boat. The delivery date of August has him willing to wait until after our dealer meeting in August and the arrival of some of our stock ones next fall/winter. The boat has everything he wants and blew away his expectations. I was kind of bummed to have to see the boat leave last night. Well done Yamaha, well done!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@B_Mutter - Extremely well-composed and thought-out write up you just did. Impressive. :)
I am reminded that all of us on this Forum need to be grateful for members like you here who take the time to put things like this in order for the rest of us. Many Many thanks - I personally really enjoyed reading and learning from this.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA