• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First "real" outing in the 192

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We spent the whole weekend starting on Thursday at table rock lake. It is an awesome lake. We stayed at paradise point big cedar. Downside to it was how choppy it got. Boat was coming completely out of the water a few times. We rented a slip for the weekend. I didn't leave the bilge pump on overnight because I was scared of killing the battery.

After sitting overnight, there was a LOT of water in the bilge. There was also about an inch of water in the ski locker. It pumped out pretty quick, less than a minute of running the pump in the morning. It just surprised me that that much water would come in over night. Any tips for tightening things up that might be allowing leaks?

Also, it was about a 3 hour drive to the lake and back home. I ended up stopping at auto zone halfway there to buy a grease gun for the bearing buddies. The hubs still get pretty hot. Anyone have any insight on how hot they should get?

Lost a wakeboard tower knob at some point on the way to the lake. 50 bucks for a new one hurts a little.

Overall, very pleased with the 192. Pulled the tube just fine and really wasnt toooo bad on gas.

Attachments

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not familiar with the 192, if you have brakes on the axles in question that will make them hot. I have a tandem axle trailer on my 230, the axle with disk brakes get hot, the axle with no brakes is warm to the touch.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check the drain plugs. Some guys have taken them apart and found little to no sealant around the fixture. Also, while you have the boat on the trailer you could fill the bilge and look for any places that water comes out.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm very surprised you got water in the bilge. I weekend docked mine all time this summer for short trips, and I too had battery worries, so I would leave the pump off. But I never had a drop of water in the bilge area, even in a rain storm back in July it was dry.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Kind of surprised you had that much water in there too. Then again I've never left my boat in water overnight or without the bilge on. I know that when I do pull my boat out there isn't any water that comes out of the drain plugs so mine stays pretty dry.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I am not familiar with the 192, if you have brakes on the axles in question that will make them hot. I have a tandem axle trailer on my 230, the axle with disk brakes get hot, the axle with no brakes is warm to the touch.
192 trailers do have brakes, so if he's got the correct connector, he's got brakes. My hubs get pretty hot.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Kind of surprised you had that much water in there too. Then again I've never left my boat in water overnight or without the bilge on. I know that when I do pull my boat out there isn't any water that comes out of the drain plugs so mine stays pretty dry.
I get a little seepage over night, but what he describes sounds excessive.

@SAGERFLY - As for leaving the bilge pump on over night...on a stock boat, I wouldn't even give running down the battery a second thought. I've got a single battery and I've added a couple of small amplifiers, but I've never run down the battery on the water. Heck, I even float and listen to the radio a good bit. Just make sure you shut off everything but the pump over night and you'll be fine. If you're nervous, by one of the little jump boxes and keep it charged on the boat. It doesn't take much to turn these little engines over.

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I keep an $70 jump box as well, 700 peak amps and 350 continuous...plus an air pump on the unit. I charge it the night before I leave and don't give the battery second thought.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep a portable jump start box on the boat as well, I have a dual battery set-up, but you never know when you might need it or to help another boater on the lake.

SCSX190

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep my 190 in a covered wet slip with the bilge off most of the time and rarely do I get water buildup. I have started to leave the bilge on lately just as a precaution. If you are seeing water buildup in the bilge you have a leak. Check the plugs,

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those plugs can sometimes be a pain to get lined up just right too being that they are plastic and the "flag" on the end of them that keeps them from falling out easily is what causes the plug to not line up when trying to screw it in which would not allow the o-ring to seat correctly. Really wished they were metal plugs instead with a chain.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you enjoyed the weekend!

The bilge pump should be turned on before the boat enters the water and turned off after the boat is out of the water. It uses a little power to check for water every few minutes. It could run your battery down if the boat has a substantial leak but that is much better than filling a $5,000 engine with water.