• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First tandem wakesurf with a yamaha !!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had some fun and me and @jcyamaharider gave it a try !!! And yep we went ropeless !!!! Is this the first time behind a yamaha ? @SX210Owner's Wife was driving , we had @sstegh and son in boat , 1000 ballast under seat and 600 on seat :) and wake wedge installed !!!!

I don't wakesurf but that was great to watch. The difficulty is not lost on me.

Wow! Hard to conceive of a pocket long enough for that. How big are the riders?

I am 205. It was extremely hard to be the rider in the back because the wave was washed out from the other board.

I'm 190 , the pocket was good :) the water had a lot of traffic so it wasn't good conditions , but rest assured we will be doing more with that on the river !!!!!

You guys really don't rock a ton of ballast for the wave you put out. It's incredible.

We put 400 up front, 800 in the middle, 800 in the back, and 400 on the platform surf side ... usually we have 8 people in the boat as well, 5 surf, 3 opposite (4 bow, 4 aft). we throw a great wave, but it is not clean. I really need to use the wedge, but I'm 50/50 goofy/regular and we are able to make it work right now without.

Just a couple of quick videos with and without wake wedge we did at Shelbyville for fun. We have 800 under the rear port seat, 750 on top of seat, 800 in the locker and 550 on the starboard swim deck. My 60 pound 7 year old in the bow, me driving ( 200 ) and my wife going from bow to cabin ( weight unavailable :D ).

No wedge

Wedge

You guys continue to inspire me. There is no question the Wedge helps shape the wave but I have never even considered a tandem surf. Hmmm...

You guys are having TOO MUCH FUN!!

Better watch out, someone will come along and enact a law against that :eek: Or you'll need a permit or a license and they'll tax the snot out of you for using too much water or something...

So get all the surfing in you can now, while the gettin's good :winkingthumbsup"

I'm 220 lbs, have 800 under the seat, another 800 on transom and have around 300# of people on the port side and still can't ride ropeless save for about 30 secs. Wake side of my transom is about 2" under water. Makes me wonder WHT i'm doing wrong :(

My son is around 150 lbs and can ride all day on the wave ropeless.

Cool seeing your able to surf two of you though.

One day it will just all click! Sound silly, but watching my own videos helped too to figure out what to change. It will come!;)

On my second year of wakesurfing and I guess it has not "clicked" yet. i can do 360's and a few other stunts all while using the rope..super comfortable on the board..can even push it to the edge of submerging the front of the board for minutes at a time but no way can I sustain ropeless.

Somehow I don't think its a matter of making it all click (could be wrong though) just i'm not getting my wake high enough for a decent push, its only knee high (maybe a bit higher) with my setup, I may get another 800# bag and put it inside on the floor on the port side. Id like to see the entire transom under the water.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

On my second year of wakesurfing and I guess it has not "clicked" yet. i can do 360's and a few other stunts all while using the rope..super comfortable on the board..can even push it to the edge of submerging the front of the board for minutes at a time but no way can I sustain ropeless.

Somehow I don't think its a matter of making it all click (could be wrong though) just i'm not getting my wake high enough for a decent push, its only knee high (maybe a bit higher) with my setup, I may get another 800# bag and put it inside on the floor on the port side. Id like to see the entire transom under the water.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

The Wedge does a lot for push. When you don't have to deal with jet spray and a washed out wake things happen faster.

The tandem is fun isnt it. Cam.

Back