• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ropeless redneck AR195

abehrens14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1st day

Hydro phase cruise control

Wake surfing progression

Yamaha wake booster 2 ballast bags on 2nd platform (one center, one surf side)

2nd day

Same set up as day one but added a gander mountain cooler full of water on bottom step

Two coolers full of water on the seats on the surf side

1 twin size air mattress placed bow to stern full of water (or as much as we could fit)

We went ropeless with no issues at all!

Wave was big and had a lot of push it wasn’t the longest but was big enough for some fun

3rd day

Same set up as day one and two but…

Added 3 cinder blocks full of concrete and a rope to be able to pick them up

2 placed next to batteries as far back as they would go. 1 placed in the cooler on bottom step

Air mattress turned sideways behind captains chair

This was prime! Had enough push to bring a 200lbs fat guy 10ft-12ft behind the boat back up with a slacked rope! We could go ropeless with ease!

Total cost is 30 bucks

Air mattress 20 bucks

2 bags of concrete 10 bucks

Coolers on the benches can be replaced with your well fed friends!

Attachments

abehrens14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Vids to come. Website says it’s too long so have to edit and put on YouTube
Members surfing are 200+lbs with a hydrolite berkly board. Biggest one they sell in that line not sure if it’s a 5’3 or 5’8

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
1st day

Hydro phase cruise control

Wake surfing progression

Yamaha wake booster 2 ballast bags on 2nd platform (one center, one surf side)

2nd day

Same set up as day one but added a gander mountain cooler full of water on bottom step

Two coolers full of water on the seats on the surf side

1 twin size air mattress placed bow to stern full of water (or as much as we could fit)

We went ropeless with no issues at all!

Wave was big and had a lot of push it wasn’t the longest but was big enough for some fun

3rd day

Same set up as day one and two but…

Added 3 cinder blocks full of concrete and a rope to be able to pick them up

2 placed next to batteries as far back as they would go. 1 placed in the cooler on bottom step

Air mattress turned sideways behind captains chair

This was prime! Had enough push to bring a 200lbs fat guy 10ft-12ft behind the boat back up with a slacked rope! We could go ropeless with ease!

Total cost is 30 bucks

Air mattress 20 bucks

2 bags of concrete 10 bucks

Coolers on the benches can be replaced with your well fed friends!
Love it!!! Let’s see some vids! …. How did u drain the mattress ??
By the way I have 650 lb transom ballast bag, 150 cube & a pump for sale if you want to add it to your ballast collection

abehrens14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love it!!! Let’s see some vids! …. How did u drain the mattress ??
By the way I have 650 lb transom ballast bag, 150 cube & a pump for sale if you want to add it to your ballast collection
I drained the air mattress while moving and straight into the haul. It came out the back of the boat through the drain. No blidge needed.

abehrens14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the 2nd day. Will post the ones with cinder blocks later!

you can see this wave has push. The re positioning of the blocks and air mattress gave it more push!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is the 2nd day. Will post the ones with cinder blocks later!

you can see this wave has push. The re positioning of the blocks and air mattress gave it more push!
I still think the 19ft is the best Yamaha surf boat. Single engine is great. We tested the 222xd and 255xd and not as much push as the 195.

abehrens14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still think the 19ft is the best Yamaha surf boat. Single engine is great. We tested the 222xd and 255xd and not as much push as the 195.
Thats suprising because the have the ability to displace way more water then a 195 so you would think if you set it up right you could have a sick wave! But I could also see how 2 jets would be hard to manage

No the 195 is no wakesurf boat but for half the price of the cheapest I know. (Heyday) I’ll take the wave we get. I had an absolute blast on it!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thats suprising because the have the ability to displace way more water then a 195 so you would think if you set it up right you could have a sick wave! But I could also see how 2 jets would be hard to manage

No the 195 is no wakesurf boat but for half the price of the cheapest I know. (Heyday) I’ll take the wave we get. I had an absolute blast on it!
That’s what I thought too!!! What I figured out is the bigger boats are harder to “sink” down. But to your point a TON of weight added, and it should be better in theory. I truly was hoping to upgrade to a bigger Yamaha- tried surfing them but was disappointed as we spend 10% slalom, 10% wakeboarding & 80% of our time surfing.