• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time jetboater - new AR195

Morte52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone - purchased a new AR195 at the end of May. Family of 5, with young kids on Lake Ontario - everyone is loving it! We're racking up the hours, and burning through gas - but that's what we bought it for.

I received a mooring cover with the boat - now that I have the bow and cockpit cover installed - will I ever have a use for the mooring cover? It's brand new - is there a market to resell it?

And I find the standard 60 ft tube rope is a little short - kids get stuck in the spray at 20mph... any recommendations on length? I can't seem to find a 70ft one anywhere.

Jeff

1592418688969.png

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board!

Personally I'd probably keep the cover just in case but I'm sure somebody would want to buy it eventually since they do have eventually need replacing,

If your not familiar be sure to watch the "how the cooling water flows" in the FAQ section, it's for MR1 engines but it's the same concept as yours.

Let's see some pictures of those kids getting thrown from a tube !!

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome aboard!! Thats a sharp looking boat! I had the same problem towing my friends while tubing. They were asking for goggles! i found it easier to just slowly turn while underway. Keeps the tuber a little off to the side of the spray... but its still annoying from what they tell me.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hi everyone - purchased a new AR195 at the end of May. Family of 5, with young kids on Lake Ontario - everyone is loving it! We're racking up the hours, and burning through gas - but that's what we bought it for.

I received a mooring cover with the boat - now that I have the bow and cockpit cover installed - will I ever have a use for the mooring cover? It's brand new - is there a market to resell it?

And I find the standard 60 ft tube rope is a little short - kids get stuck in the spray at 20mph... any recommendations on length? I can't seem to find a 70ft one anywhere.

Jeff

View attachment 123036
Airhead 2-Section 4-Rider Tube Rope - AHTR-42

This has a 10 foot section that you can add to your existing 60 foot rope

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My daughter and her cousins complained about the spray while tubing. So now it's only wake boarding, skiing, and surfing for them. :)

Sharp boat!

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's how you get to leave the tube at home. Lol takes up so much space

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! The mooring cover will do a better job at keeping the rain out and sun off. But it's also more challenging to install on the water.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that wash can definitely feel like paintballs when they hit you in the face around 20+ i wish there was some sort of jet wash deflector for the single engine boats, even while wake boarding it still causes some issues.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have two airhead 1-4 person ropes which are 60' in length, 2 sections. 50' + 10'. I use the additional section from the second rope to get to 70' which is perfect to get out of the spray. I use it to tow the Super Mable HD 3 person as well as 1 and 2 person tubes. The nice thing about it is that if one rope breaks or gets sucked up I have a spare on the boat to continue the day with.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My daughter and her cousins complained about the spray while tubing. So now it's only wake boarding, skiing, and surfing for them. :)

Sharp boat!
I wish I could leave the tube at home. I hate that thing. Takes up so much space on the boat, even when deflated. It's no fun for anyone but the little one, and I suspect he's going to outgrow it here soon.

If I can just get him to stand up on the skate I think I'll have him hooked.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! The mooring cover will do a better job at keeping the rain out and sun off. But it's also more challenging to install on the water.
100% agreed. I put mine on with the boat on the water last year on vacation. It's a giant PIA to make that happen.

I would still keep it though, either for trailering, or in case something happens with the snap on, you have a readily available backup.

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a new SX190 and same problem. Even my ski rope is technically shorter then when using it on my old OB due to how and where it connects. I’m boat on Ontario too few times a year in Henderson Bay. Beautiful up there

Attachments

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have 60ft rope, plus a bungee which stretches to about 6 feet. Tubing at around 16-18mph and no complaints about spray. Towing off the stern hook.