• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time out. Few questions /issues.

nj323ci

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey all

First time out today with a (new to me) 2003 lx210. Not a bad day, but have a few questions that I noticed when out.

- pee hole on starboard engine not spitting out like on the port side. Was hard to tell on the water, but when I brought her home and flushed with the hose, it was just dribbling out on the starboard side. Port side even on the hose had a steady stream. Thoughts? Just a cleaning you think or possibly something more serious?

- Rpm mismatch. Engines seemed to be running fine and pulling OK. The starboard engine seemed to be running about 1000 rpms higher than the port side with the levers equal. If I pushed the port lever (lower Rpm one) to match the other engine. It felt like it was reving too high and wasn't needed. Possibly just a cable adjustment?

- last for now. When flushing on the hose, seemed like there was oil or possibly gas coming out of the bottom/back of the boat with the water on the starboard engine. I could see the film mixed with the water on my driveway. The other engine (port ) I saw no film at all. Normal or case for concern? Maybe even related to the other issues above?

Thanks everyone for any help. New to jet boats and boating in general. I'll take all the help and info I can get.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1) pee hole - you should see water come out of the pee hole when you are a little above idle. I do not see much when I am on the flush hose so I would recommend that you check it again when you are back on the water. If your RPM's are mismatched like you said, be sure the engine is revving at about 3K for each engine and you should see a steady stream out the pee hole. If not, you should check for a clog which can start with pushing weed wacker string through the hole.
2) RPM mismatch - this is probably just an adjustment on the cables. You make adjustments by taking out the throttles and adjusting the cable or you can make some adjustments back where the throttle joins up to the carb assembly.
3) It is normal to see some gas/oil mixture out of the exhaust since these are 2 strokes. You should not see much and I would expect you to see similar exhaust "waste" on both engines.

nj323ci

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1) pee hole - you should see water come out of the pee hole when you are a little above idle. I do not see much when I am on the flush hose so I would recommend that you check it again when you are back on the water. If your RPM's are mismatched like you said, be sure the engine is revving at about 3K for each engine and you should see a steady stream out the pee hole. If not, you should check for a clog which can start with pushing weed wacker string through the hole.
2) RPM mismatch - this is probably just an adjustment on the cables. You make adjustments by taking out the throttles and adjusting the cable or you can make some adjustments back where the throttle joins up to the carb assembly.
3) It is normal to see some gas/oil mixture out of the exhaust since these are 2 strokes. You should not see much and I would expect you to see similar exhaust "waste" on both engines.
Great thanks for the tips. I will give the Weed Eater string a shot and see if that help. Will also look at adjusting the cables.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Are your plugs in? My pee holes do not get much flow when the hose is hooked up unless I have the plugs in place,, and the engine gets hot.

nj323ci

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are your plugs in? My pee holes do not get much flow when the hose is hooked up unless I have the plugs in place,, and the engine gets hot.
Engine plugs were in place. I also didn't see much out on the water. The other engine seems to spit out a nice steady stream... Strange.