• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First tow with new truck!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Man...what a difference a v8 hemi makes.....image.jpg

Like butter I imagine! Worth every extra penny at the pump.

I love my hemi..
i have the 2014 5.7 8speed and it tows great.

Attachments

• 2015-07-18 17.34.45.jpg
    2015-07-18 17.34.45.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 37
Wait until you pull with it to Shelbyville!

@Murf'n'surf . Crazy thing is....gets the same or better than my trailblazer

I love mine !!!! That hemi is a beast !!!! Looks awesome hooked up to the boat !!!

One thing I would suggest before Shelbyville next year is to get some radial tires on the boat trailer before you leave! I don't think the ply tires that come on the trailer will make there and back.

@sx210owner finally got rid of 2 of his last factory tires this year from 08!!!

Last edited:
Yea I did !!!!

thanks @trace ! i will be making sure i change the trailer tires before the long haul. good suggestion @BAC.94

Yep. its so much smoother with radials. I just put mine on

Attachments

• 2015-07-18 17.34.27.jpg
    2015-07-18 17.34.27.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 28
I just upgraded to Goodyear Marathon's and I am happy with how they perform.

@SCSTWG i will check out the goodyears...thanks for the suggestion

Imagine how you would feel if you had a Tundra. It pulled the space shuttle.;)

toyota-tundra-towing-the-shuttle-large-9.jpg

Looks great! I am convinced that it is hard to find a bad truck these days. I like the fuel economy of the Fords. The thoughtfulness of the interior of the Chevys and the looks of the Rams! I think the Toyotas are still good trucks but the Americans have finally surpassed them.

One thing I would suggest before Shelbyville next year is to get some radial tires on the boat trailer before you leave! I don't think the ply tires that come on the trailer will make there and back.
Speaking of Shelbyville, @BAC.94 we missed you and your family this year. Are you planning on attending next year?

@SCSTWG i will check out the goodyears...thanks for the suggestion

I bought Goodyear Marathons in July 2012 after one of my OEM bias ply tires blew out. I have about 3,500 miles towing them so far, they pull like a dream and still look brand new.

Back