• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First voyage - 19 AR195. Couple points for other new 19 owners plus some questions

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey, you didn't sink the boat and nobody got hurt. That's a glorious day my friend. Next time will go smoother and the next and the next...

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I had the glorious buzzing sound and check engine one time as well. I found out it was due to the attempt at starting the engine without the safety lanyard attached. oopps :) I disconnected the battery for 30 seconds to reset the ECU, connected the lanyard and all was clear. I confirmed that theory.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just leave the safety lanyard attached all the time then you don’t have to worry about it.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Overall, i'd say the day was frustrating for you, but over all nothing really bad happened, so still a win! I agree with the written pre and post checklist mentioned above, very helpful even if you just do it until you get a good routine going. My routine generally starts with pre ramp stuff, like loading the boat with the extra junk that i can't leave in while trailering, checking plugs, checking clean outs, removing straps and maybe putting up the bimini, i'll usually flip the batteries on and run the blower while i do this. So it runs for the few minutes we load up and while we wait in line for the ramp. Once in the water and floating, i'll make sure she starts before she unclips the winch and chain. Hopefully you get another outing soon.

Magyar86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a new 19 ar195 as well. Before you lose too much sleep over the rpm/speed give it a few more hours in water time. Mine didn’t go over 44 and about 7k iirc right after break in. Now with about 12 hours It will run at 7500 ish and 47-50 depending on weight in boat. I also switched it to 93 octane, the dealer fills with 87 so the added octane could have helped as well. Now I’m in Houston area so at sea level but air temp last time out was near 90 with water temp around 82. Keeps us posted on how the rpms do over time. Worst case you might need to re pitch impeller to get rpm up which should gain a few mph.

ScreaminJay

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was about to chime in with the same comment as @Magyar86. New 19 195 and I would swear that after my 10 hour service the throttle responds better and the sounds from the engine are smoother overall than under 10 hours.

That’s totally anecdotal though. I’m probably just really happy when boating haha

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a new 19 ar195 as well. Before you lose too much sleep over the rpm/speed give it a few more hours in water time. Mine didn’t go over 44 and about 7k iirc right after break in. Now with about 12 hours It will run at 7500 ish and 47-50 depending on weight in boat. I also switched it to 93 octane, the dealer fills with 87 so the added octane could have helped as well. Now I’m in Houston area so at sea level but air temp last time out was near 90 with water temp around 82. Keeps us posted on how the rpms do over time. Worst case you might need to re pitch impeller to get rpm up which should gain a few mph.
The dealer shouldn’t be putting 87 in an SVHO engine. They require premium. He must be thinking it’s the same motor as the older 192 SHO that recommended to run 87.

Magyar86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The dealer shouldn’t be putting 87 in an SVHO engine. They require premium. He must be thinking it’s the same motor as the older 192 SHO that recommended to run 87.
I said the same thing “why the heck do y’all put 87 when it clearly says premium fuel right next gas cap”. Guess they assume since you will be doing breakin and what not 87 would be fine. Either way I wasn’t too happy they put 87 in it and not 93. Maybe the guy was wrong but it sounds like they only have one gas tank on site which would surprise me since 90% of the boats they sell are fine on 87. Whatever the reason gas or something with the tune etc. mine def got faster with every hour especially with the fresh tank of 93. I’m just happy I did, I was bummed when I saw 44 max first time I went WOT.