• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishing from ar190

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys I know a lot of us use our boats for various activities and I would like to try and do some fishing during the winter and fall here in Georgia . My question is for those of you that have used Yamaha bow riders for fishing. Is it possible to fish off the deck take out all the carpet and have a relatively clean boat afterwards ? Or will I more than likely “trash” my boat. Not looking to get professional but would like to try and catch some bass on our lake out here . Thanks in advance

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys I know a lot of us use our boats for various activities and I would like to try and do some fishing during the winter and fall here in Georgia . My question is for those of you that have used Yamaha bow riders for fishing. Is it possible to fish off the deck take out all the carpet and have a relatively clean boat afterwards ? Or will I more than likely “trash” my boat. Not looking to get professional but would like to try and catch some bass on our lake out here . Thanks in advance
Yes, I never have the carpet in for that reason. We can fish get muddy do whatever and it all just washes off with a hose in a few seconds.
Son spilled a 20oz soda on the floor tonight. If we had had the carpet it would of been a disaster but since it was just the fiberglass bottom. Just washed it down with some water and good to go. You can spray anything with water in the boat.

Jaskerb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I fish off my SX190 whenever I get a chance. I took the carpet out when using live bait otherwise if we are using plastic i just leave it in.
My daughter and i have both fished off the swim deck for bass with no problem.

Clovisite23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an ar192, took it out yesterday trolling with drift socks, I take out the carpets as well for easy clean up